What does your Mairlist look like?

Hey @shorty.xs

great job, thank you. :slight_smile:

Some things have changed, some finetuning has happened and some parts must be written new since I have learned a few things about missing skin features.

Since it is my personal vision of a dark skin with very individual colors, I think I should publish the next skin.ini as “block by block” with screenshots. So everybody can see what is changing and what is meant by this part of the skin.ini.

Your screenshot shows one thing that is really a problem: The colour of the text to the buttons can’t be changed; it seems to be fixed as black. I wish Torben would “release” it to a free choice of FontColour.

There is another element I’m still not happy: Event on / off / time when next event happens. What do you think about changing colour if next event is planned or off?

So many ideas…

I also managed to get the browser dark, but there I have the same problem, all the text is black and so you can’t read. Neither the Button Names nor the Filenames in the Browser Box.

Player colors don’t work at all for me.
The Wiki says:

Player State can be left empty to adjust all colors at the same time, or use one of the following values:

I left it empty and set it like:

[Player]
BackgroundColor=#181818
FontName=Segoe UI
Color=#181818

But as you see it is still all light gray. Didn’t try to use dedicate player state colors yet.

There is a thread (I can’t find as fast as I want) where Torben answered that it is not possible at the moment and the Wiki is wrong at this point.

I think he has no time to repair it, but maybe I can change the Wiki today or tomorrow. :clock3:

Btw, reliable volunteer Wiki editors are welcome… :wink:

Just the Global setting doesn’t work or no Player coloring will work?

This part. It is mentioned three times in the Wiki, when I remember correctly.

Double Checked: YES.
Setting EmptyColor= works So this step needs to be repeated for all states you want to define.

1 Like

Here is another small fix:

The Next Colors in the Player Section were incomplete so Name and Time were displayed in Black.

NextNameFontColor=#FF9C2E
NextTitleFontColor=#FF9C2E
NextArtistFontColor=#FF9C2E
NextStateFontColor=#FF9C2E
NextTimeFontColor=#FF9C2E

It is in the german section:

(“After a quick look in the code I would say the information is not correct. You actually have to configure it separately for each state.”)

Is all other information in this thread helpful for you?

Well when using the Skin.ini, a frew lines more don’t really hurt that much. So it is just the information in the Wiki, that is wrong. If you correct that as soon as you find some time, it should be good.

Still there is something that I find is a bit strange, could be related to how Windows 10 handles the styles. I have enabled the dark mode on Windows 10, that is there sinc 1803 (I think)
So my default Text Color is something bright, not really white by very light gray or something but for mAirlist it is still black as the default color or is that hardcoded also? Does it use old styling? Why does it work correct, when using the High Contrast Colot Theme?

Still a little way ahead but with the result so far, it is getting close to be at least usable (for me). Probably I’ll just choose a slightly lighter gray as the main color so that I can barely read the black text.

I also want a different way of player coloring, I want to keep the main player colors, when active, because the faders on my desk are the same color.

Good point.
I had a discussion on that with @henk before (see November '18, #40 ff.) and we found out that high res black does not work good with mAirlist. You have problems reading menues, database entries, attributes and so on = it’s all written in #000000.

Imho Torben has fixed colors in the mAirList modules like configuration or database (look at the welcome page of the configuration in high res black!). It was programmed as black text on a white - or windows gray - background, not corresponding to the actual Windows colour scheme.

EDIT: We had a discussion on high res black in the german section - including screenshots - here:

314/5000

things to do.
Darken the sliders, color or remove the white connect in the enconder. Remove the entire edit bar in the mix editor (don’t like all those colors and if you don’t select anything, everything will be white)
And in the database bar the duration is on the center at start-up, you cannot lock it as in the playlist bar.

3 Likes

Great work, Henk, my compliments. Is this a dual-monitor setup?

Yes 2 24inch evrything is triggerd by item type.

How did you manage to get white fonts in the Browser?

It only works in the database view. I’m on vacation this week so I can’t check it out. I just think fontcoler. Remind me next week then I’ll look it up in the code.

1 Like

Yes it’s FontColor=#e6e6e6 in [Browswer]

The recycle bin looks like this

Database Search has the same backgrond color.

Thank you @henk

So obviously there is something going wrong here.
My Browser looks like this:

And this is the code I’m using (Originally from @UliNobbe)

[Browser]
WindowBackgroundColor=#181818
BackgroundColor=#181818
FontName=Segoe UI
FontColor=#E6E6E6
;FrameColor=#181818
TreeLineColor=#E6E6E6
ToolbarFontColor=#E6E6E6

[BrowserToolbar]
FontName=Segoe UI
Color=#E6E6E6
FontColor=#E6E6E6 

Is ist me doing something wrong?
Just updated mAirlist to Version 6.1.11, using it in Demo mode without license. Just for the Skin.ini testing purpose.

EDIT: by the way: it’s the same for the Encoder Font Color is also black.

[EncoderStatus]
BackgroundColor=#181818
FontColor=#E6E6E6

EDIT2: Is there a way to change the font color of the first tab in the Playlist only?
I want the Loaded Players to have black Text but the rest of the line I want it to keep that defined orange. Full Screen shown here: What does your Mairlist look like?

@Torben, do you have any idea, why FontColor, does not work for me?

“tab” = column?
AFAIK: The whole line only. :frowning:

PlayingFontColor=#
NextFontColor=#
LoadedFontColor=#

… etc.

Im just having a play with my layout… I love the designs where the row colour alternates, however, having got that working it seems i’m having an issue ensuring the ‘PlayingColor’ is accurate. It only seems to work on every other line and not all of the time…

any ideas?

Thanks