Playlist run empty without any reason

Almost always the playlist goes well, but sometimes songs are skipped for no reason. Unfortunately I don’t have a solution for this. I thought it was due to a lack of internal memory below 8 GB, but I don’t think that hypothesis is correct.

Is there someone who could help me with this?

Please ignore my message above. Unfortunately I can no longer edit/delete it.

I have only now read through it again properly:
I would be interested to know what the phenomenon is.
Since you suspect the RAM: But the songs are cached normally with the green arrow, right?

Hello Liam,
First of all I would like to thank you for replying to my message. That is certainly appreciated.

My hypothesis is that at some point there will be no memory that can be addressed for loading the songs. And that afterwards everything is deleted in the playlist. So you have an empty playlist.

I have a computer with 16GB of internal memory. Rarely do I use more than 50-60%, but sometimes I leave browsers open and I use more than 50% memory.
Tested memory hardware and found nothing strange. Over the past few months I’ve been constantly making sure that my browsers don’t eat up too much memory and that I stay below that 50%. That worked out well.

@Torben :
I would really like to get to the bottom of this problem with someone who can program the software to fix this once and for all.

Have been searching how Windows addresses memory for 32bit software on 64bit computers, but can’t really get any further.
So I wonder, am I really 1 of the few who experience this problem?

What I have done so far is not to load more than 2 items/songs into memory. But it’s still strange that you have 40% memory available, but playlist sometimes still crashes and empty the playlist.

If there are other hypotheses, I’d like to hear them. I’m at the point where I want to try everything.

Here are some articles I’ve read on this subject (like the first article the most):

Why is the virtual address space 4GB anyway? - The Old New Thing.
windows 7 - Run 32bit program with memory for a 64bit - Super User
Virtual address spaces - Windows drivers | Microsoft Learn

Hi, that is a complete different description than

What in detail happens in the playlist, if you wouldn’t mind to explain…

Hello Stefan,
Thank you for your replay. Sorry for not being consistent in my language use. I mean the same indeed. Sometimes there is an event or a container or something. I hope I can clarify what the problem is. Can I also refer to older posts? (The icon problem we also solved together, maybe we can also solve this? :pray:)

My second-last post:
Ik had vanochtend ook weer dat er nummers overgeslagen werden. Zonder enige reden, de playlist had ook in mijn geval nog 3 nummers voor TOH. Wat zie je hieronder gebeuren…
Database playlist:
Je ziet songs 1 t/m 4 en nummer 4 is over scheduled. M.a.w. de playlist is langer dan het uur. Wat je ook ziet is dat nummer 1 (MFSB - T.S.O.P) zou moeten starten met spelen om 09:49:09

Kijken we naar de logfile dan zien we
Nummer 1 09:47:04 start (MFSB - T.S.O.P) start dus bijna 2 minuten te vroeg. Is dat een probleem? Nee, want ik heb een over scheduling van in ieder geval nog 1 song.
Nummer 2 stopt er een jingle
Nummer 3 Append Database Playlist!!
Nummer 4 stop (MFSB - T.S.O.P).
Er zitten nog 3 songs in de playlist!
Nummer 5 Hier begint de ellende. Mairlist ‘denkt’ opeens ‘ik start (End of hour)’ en skipped 3 songs met als gevolg dat nummer 6 TOH start om 09:50:46 en het nieuws daarna.
Het uur daarna kom je dus 10 minuten te kort en je hele playlist start alles 10 minuten te vroeg.

Volgens mij is dit een probleem van Mairlist en niet van de playlist, want die is lang genoeg.

Some history:

Playlist runs empty during automation. But why?
Playlist skipping items and playlist runs empty
Playlist run empty, while there are plenty songs in playlist