M-Audio Delta 1010LT

Hey,

I’ve read these forums and seen that some people have issues with it, but that they fixed it by changing a setting from in sync to independent. Basically it’s an option for us, and I want to run it by you :slight_smile: The echos, while nice, are a little too expensive, this is around the £120 price range which I think we could stretch to. If you lot don’t think this soundcard is much cop, what other alternatives could you recommend in the same price range? We’re just looking for a soundcard to output, we’re not interested in input on the playout computer.

Thanks

Anyone have any advice??

Hi Brett, you have chosen a reasonable soundcard for this price range which with the exchange rates will have been pushed up. We have just adopted Echo cards as the preferred choice as M Audio seem to suffer from PSU failures more often.

Failing the availability of Echo cards the Edirol range are our next choice(UA 101 or UA25).

It all depends on the number of outputs needed.

hth. Tony

I used the M-Audio 1010LT in a Dell R200 server with mAirList and it works perfectly :wink:

Hi Brett,

same for me. The 1010LT is working like a charm in a Radio studio setup. Keep in mind to use the newest drivers from the m-audio homepage.

Cheers

Have they put the “independent” option back into the latest drivers? I recalled the removed it and I had to rollback under XP SP3. I was hoping to migrate to Win7 at some point, possibly 64bit.

Also, the Delta 44 works perfectly with mAirList. Have a look:

http://forum.mairlist.com/index.php/topic,4697.0.html

Best Regards, Alec

I’ve just installed the very latest drivers in XP SP3 and the “independent” option is still not back. However, some test playlists have played fine.

Exactly what was the issue with the 1010LT cards before, what symptoms/audible effects should i be looking for?

Thanks, Richard

Issues which were mentioned are digital clicks and crackles especially when you’re using the 1010lt for output (mAirlist) and input(when streaming and encoding) after a while. Up to 15 or 20 minutes when using.

This issues were solved at my studio back then when we’ve installed the latest driver. No issues then. It was also a Xp SP3 machine.

I went around and around with this issue with M-Audio tech support. The best driver version (with independent option) is 5.10.00.5057. It was originally released for XP, SP2 but works equally well under SP3. I’m using the driver on a Delta 44, and it’s rock-solid, even after months of up-time.

If you’re having issues, use this driver and watch your issues go away.

Here it is:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver&serie_ID=1&PID=2b0aae232aeed5529a4916b0c8c33c4b&OS=x71#tabs

Regards, Alec

[quote=“Michel, post:9, topic:5776”]Issues which were mentioned are digital clicks and crackles especially when you’re using the 1010lt for output (mAirlist) and input(when streaming and encoding) after a while. Up to 15 or 20 minutes when using.

This issues were solved at my studio back then when we’ve installed the latest driver. No issues then. It was also a Xp SP3 machine.[/quote]

Thanks. I ran a four hour playlist last night. streamed it (mp3) to a remote shoutcast server and didn’t hear any bumps, bangs or pops. :slight_smile: Off course, the first time I take it live, I will!!! ::slight_smile:

I’ve recently upgraded my soundcard to the Delta 1010LT. Found it very easy to setup with both mAirlist v3 and v4. The only thing is that the most up to date drivers from their website causes problems, so I used the drivers included with the card. I also had to uncheck the single output and check the multi output.
Am quite impressed with the audio quality, very clear…

Anyone using the 1010LT under Windows 7 64bit on mAirlist v4 without any known issues? Would like to hear as I start my migration to that OS.

Thanks

I don’t know myself, but I do know that M-Audiio has a very active forum. You could take a peek and see what the chat is about the drivers and Windows 7, 64.
If there are issues, I’m sure they’ll be posted.

Regards, Alec M

I use this configuration.
WIN 7 / 64
M-Audio 1010 LT
with the actually driver from homepage
and no problems.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement and different size keys from for a Tipro keyboard. I looked on their site but no joy…

Tipro UK contact details:
Units 19/20
Kingstons Farm
Down Hall Road
Matching
Harlow
Essex
CM17 0RB
Tel: p: +44 0 1279 732360 f: +44 0 1279 732369
http://www.tipro.net

They should be able to put you in touch with dealers (or may even sell direct?).

BFN
Cad

Thanks Cad…just realized I posted in the wrong thread…blame it on my painkillers…

Mike, try P Squared .

Well, I may have spoken too soon. Tests went well but decided to go live last night.

The streaming audio did have pops and clicks on it intermittently throughout the show which is what many others report. What I heard in the studio was clean, so I suspect I may need to use a different encoder, which isn’t a bad idea because mAirlist GUI locked up on me 15 mins into the show (I’ll write that up in the v4 forum).