Improvment to Mini Scheduler

Hey!

Is it possible to add inter song conditions?

Example: I have Zedd - In the middle (radio edit) and I also have Zedd - In the middle (remix).

I want the scheduler to regonise this as the same song so the scheduler don’t play booth versions in like 15 min or so.

Do you get my point?

Torben you’ve done an amazing job so far with the scheduler. Keep up the good work!

I get it.

But actually the artist separation should prevent this :wink:

Yes that’s true but that means if these two songs is in the same folder then the same song will be played twice as much as the other songs, because of the two versions, right?

Right, it will be aired twice as much as the other songs because they are considered to be two songs. If you don’t want this, don’t put them in the same folder at the same time. If your folder is large, you will hardly notice the difference. If the folder is small (High Rotation for example), it will be noticeable. There is no other workaround for this.

Is this feature possible to add torben?

I don’t think it makes sense at all to put them into the same folder (with high rotation) anyway.

I do see Forsman’s point though. Some songs exist in many versions: single, lp-version, extended version, live and 12" for example. This particular song will be aired 5 times as much as a “single” song, even when the songs are not in the same folder. And that will be noticeable.

A solution could be to create “Song Groups”, similar to “Artist Groups” in the DB configuration. If this would become available, I will definitely start using this option.

I have been thinking about the option mentioned above. It would be really time consuming to group songs together just like the Artist Groups. In my opinion it would be much easier if this could be done in the DB App itself as you can see on the screenshot. It would also be nice if it would be visible to see that a song is linked to another song (same song, different artists or same song but different versions)

ma001.png

Ive had this problem too. Also when just dropping songs into the playlist manually. I do add (12) or (LP) to the title, but don’t always notice I’ve put two versions in the playlist. Also in the UK the is a limit on internet stations about the number of times you can play the same artist within an hour (3 times if i recall) Could the playlist/schedular check for artist & title as a track is dropped in? Not easy i guess, and the spelling would have to be the same! Just a thought LOL

@Bulldogdave: I think you are mingling two different “problems” here. We were discussing solely the Mini Scheduler and the way it might be improved to avoid some songs to be aired more than others. You are referring to songs which are manually inserted into the playlist. That has nothing to do with the Scheduler itself and it would have been better to open a new topic for that issue.

Lukeman, yes possibly i am mixing two things, but to me its song duplication whichever way you look at it!

There are a couple of ways this is solved in “real” music scheduling softwares:

1. put all the versions of a song in a subfolder of a category/folder. The subfolder is then counted as 1 song and the versions are rotated inside the subfolder
  2. use “Title Separation” (not only Artist separation) and put the version details between square brackets, e.g. Zedd - In the middle [radio edit] and Zedd - In the middle [remix] . Everything between the square brackets is not used by the scheduler but the title of the songs is the same, so the software knows it has to respect the title separation rule. This can even be used if the different versions are in different folders.
  3. another way, if applicable, is to work with the hours each version can be played, e.g. the [remix] version can only be scheduled between 14.00 and 20.00 h and the [radio edit] version all other hours of the day.
  4. one could also assign different attributes to each version and work out restrictions with them I guess.

Just my 2 cents.

Option 2 would be great, is this possible to implement Torben?

So essentially ignore all parts in square brackets when doing title separation? Should be easy for me.

Exactly, if this could be done it would be a great improvement to the Scheduler in my opinion :wink:

It’s in the new build 3847.

Thanks!! :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks, Torben. You’re great!

When you turn on the debug log, you will notice that the “Title separation for xxx is …” lines are now missing the [] part.

Hi.

I do not think this solution completely solves the issue.
Hiding some text for the Mini Scheduler with square brackets, does not make Mini Scheduler aware of the same song in different languages, or same, or nearly same* song with different titles.
*example: PM Dawn - “Set Adrift On Memory Bliss” use a sample of Spandau Ballet - “True”. This sample is so clearly heard, that one would consider not playing “True” right after or close to. Another example is Gloria Gaynor - “I Will Survive” and Robbie Williams - “Supreme”.

I suggest making a group function for titles. (yes we talk about song titles here, but basically this is about the Titles field and by that it can involve anything; not only SONG titles)

Imagine this:
Group what is considered similar songs. For example, same song in different versions/remix. For example same song in different languages. Etc.
This is to avoid the Mini Scheduler to take songs that not have exact the same title, but in reality is similar.
Next to the Title field, there is a group button. Press the button and a window comes up, where I can select and group songs that are similar.

HJH