D&R Airlite using together with the MIC button?

[This post has been moved from another topic; some things may be mixed up. /mod]

Bonjour aux autres membres Français utilisateurs de mAirlist. Apparemment, nous ne sommes pas assez intéressants pour avoir un forum en français.

see Admin creation of a French-speaking forum , thank you. /mod

Enfin, bon, c’est comme cela. Ce n’est pas l’objet de mon message aujourd’hui, j’ai acquis mAirlist et la console D&R AIRLITE MK2 à la fin du mois de mars 2022.
J’ai eu énormément de problèmes pour faire fonctionner logiciel et console ensemble…
Enfin, j’y suis arrivé, par miracle, je ne suis pas sûr, mais après 5 désinstallations et installations, cela fonctionne. Les aides sur ce forum ne m’ont servies à rien, peut-être la barrière de la langue ?
Enfin bon, il subsiste une seule difficulté, la touche MIC qui devrait en principe baisser le niveau de sortie des players, ne fonctionne pas, elle s’allume bien en rouge, mais n’a aucun effet sur les niveaux.
Si quelqu’un connait le remède, je le remercie par avance.
Je terminerai, en disant que lorsque le logiciel et la console fonctionne, ce n’est que du bonheur.
La console et le logiciel sont vraiment conçus pour la radio. Bravo et merci. (Après presque 5 mois de tâtonnements et d’essais, sourires).

Dear Edgar,

We still have the idea in mind, but it hasn’t been implemented yet.
One thing has to be clear: We cannot moderate or administrate a special :fr: section of the mAirList forum, and we won’t answer in your language (or not without using Google Translate, which may sound funny for you).

[We know that this concerns the other topic. Thank you for your understanding. /mod]

Regarding your other question:
For me it makes absolutely no sense to use a MIC button in mAirList when you use an Airlite Mixer.

Perhaps there is simply a fundamental misunderstanding here?
By the way, I suggest to further discuss this specific question in another area of the forum instead of here.

Dear UliNobbe,

Thank you for your answer, which is very clear. Yes, you are right, use this button, it may seem really unnecessary.
If you think this little topic about the button should be moved to another forum, tell me which one, and I’ll do it.
Finally, I repeat, the association mAirlist and D&R AIRLITE is perfect (when it works, smiles.)
Very good weekend.
Best regards.

*highlighted by me

This is no feature request so it should be discussed in the area for technical questions regarding mAirlist 6 or 7…

But you are still welcome to use this forum :wink:

Please note that the MIC button should be used in environments where no mixer is available, e,g. where the microphone is connected to the computer without a mixer (USB-Mic or using a USB interface, headsets directly connected to the computer etc.).

In this case, the audio routing is: Player sends his signal directly to the encoder and when you push the MIC button, the audio signal from the players to the encoder is ducked. The strength and the fade time of the ducking can be set in the encoder options.

However, when you use a mixer (together with a multi-channel soundcard, recommended), all this is not necessary. The players do not play directly to the encoder; much more via soundcard to the mixer. The microphone is mixed there together with the music to a summed up master signal (“Main”) and is send back to the mAirList Encoder (without a MIC button, of course!).

So this shows why the MIC button won’t have an influence on the ducking while using a mixer like the D&R Airlite: It simply makes no sense because it’s a complete different audio routing.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply, dear UliNobbe.
Indeed, I understand perfectly, there is no advantage in using the D&R AIRLITE.
It is well noted. Thanks again and have a great weekend.
Best regards.

See it the other way round: You are missing a lot of comfort in using the software only.

Excuse me, but this is not what I have written.

For live assist broad- and webcast, we recommend using a mixer.
We are convinced that a mixer has advantages, no matter if it is produced manufactured by Allen & Heath, Behringer, D&R or DHD (alphabetical order without rating) - not to forget Lawo, Sonifex, Studer On Air, Yamaha…

However, there may be setups where no mixer is available and in this case you can send with mAirList together with a very small setup using the MIC button.

3 Likes

Nous avons encore l’idée en tête, mais elle n’a pas encore été mise en œuvre.
Une chose doit être claire : nous ne pouvons pas modérer ou administrer une :fr:section spéciale du forum mAirList, et nous ne répondrons pas dans votre langue (ou pas sans utiliser Google Translate, ce qui peut vous sembler amusant).

Bonjour UliNobbe,
Je trouve ça très bien que déjà vous mettiez en place une secteur en français même si vous la modérer de temps en temps avec Google Translate, mais déjà entre francophone nous porrions nous entre aidé, et puis sur des questions qui resterai sans réponse nous viendrons vous demandez conseil en utilisant un traducteur.