Axia GPIO and play + start automation

He he, I have expected an answer like that… It’s okay for me and some other colleagues… but imagine the female colleagues with nails of 3-5 cm long… Something just like Circus :slight_smile:

A problem of their’s. Pushing buttons with long fingernails is even more awkward as controlling a fader.

2 Likes

I own an Axia console and it was not so complicated to start jingles and the players from the console to Mairlist, just using the GPO events (both versions 6x and 7x). But the other way around was another story. After each start of a jingle (cart wall) I wanted to have the channel back to “OFF” including of course the correct illumination.

The solution I found is workable but not ideal. In the players of the cart wall (I use 4 cart wall players on channel 3 to 6) I created triggers to turn off the respective channel. It needs to 2 actions triggered by the end of file. First is xHxxx, second is xLxxx. This creates a pulse on pin 12 of the GPI and will switch off the channel after the jingle has ended. What not so ideal is regarding this solution is the fact that these triggers are related to the setting of the cart players depending on the actual content. So if you change the content of the cart player with another jingle you need to set the triggers again. By creating preset pages you have a workaround for this but it would be much more preferable to be able to add these triggers permanently to the cart wall players regardless the content. I didn’t find this option in Mairlist yet.

This sounds like a case for OnCartwallPlayerStop. What do the events you use look like?

Not so important after all, Rob?

1 Like

Sure but I was away for some time. Will come back on it soon.

Regarding this theme, after a while, our Axia IQ and mAirlist works flawless… but I have a question; current settings allows us to start the file on player X when turning button to ON. Buf if we are having more than one file, for lets say news, is it possible not to switch player to OFF and again to ON for every next file?

As I saw on Otvoreni radio, they can press ON to start next file in playlist without touching button OFF.

So, basicly, if we turn ON and press it again it wont play next file on playlist until OFF is pressed and followed again with ON.