Advertising Container Updating Issue

It may have been covered previously, but I haven’t been able to find a similar issue,

We generate our playlists for the week every Wednesday evening, with an advertising container currently at the top of the hour. From the Wiki I have selected “Always create container”, and would like to be able to update advertising containers on load/via event after top of the hour playlist load.

Referenced: https://wiki.mairlist.com/tutorials:mairlistdb:advertising-scheduling

Which generates the below advertising container in a Container:

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 2.39.23 pm

If i choose “Update Advertising” in any location, DB, playlist, etc, it tells me 0 containers scanned, 0 containers updated.

I have tested by turning off the “Always create container” and regenerating the playlist for that hour and then was able to successfully update the advertising container, but how would that work if there was no advertising when the playlists were initially generated? would it create the advertising slot as an empty in the playlist if the “always create container” is not selected??

Below if i move the “Advertising container” outside of the automatically generated container, the update works…

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 2.39.34 pm

running 6.2.6 Pro Studio.

thanks.

I have the same issue.

How to remove the advertising container from the playlist if there is no advertising?

“Update advertising” will only work if the advertising containers remain on the top level of the playlist, not inside a container.

Isn’t “Always create container” pointless, as the advertising is already a container of it’s own?

It would create an empty container (zero items) that acts as a placeholder for when you update it with the real content later.