Which external advertising scheduler do you use?

Hi,

Which advertising (traffic) scheduling software do you use to import the advertising logs from into the mAirList system?
All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Frank

Depends on your budget, I suppose.

If you’re looking for something inexpensive, this here seems to be the “hot stuff” right now (but I cannot really give any recommendation as I haven’t used it personally): http://www.admaster.info/

Thanks, Torben.

Indeed, Admaster looks quite good to me.

Most Advertising Schedulers have Invoicing, Customer Relationship Management, Commissions for the Salespeople etc built into it. Most of the time they are only usable in the USA and that makes them very difficult to use. Or there ar other softwares that can be used in Europe, but their price is way too high.

Admaster does just the scheduling of the commercials, that’s all. And I think that is exactly what most stations need.

The advertising scheduling possibilities of mAirList are very basic or even poor IMHO, it would be much better if something like Admaster would be built into mAirList. Do you have any plans to do that in the near future?

Do you know of mAirList users that allready use Admaster as their external traffic scheduler?

Frank

I understand that the ad scheduler in mAirList is very basic at this time and could be improved a lot. But I’m focused on other things right now, so there won’t be any improvements in the near future unfortunately. We should rather make sure that mAirList works fine with existing 3rd party solutions in the meantime.

I know at least one user who is using AdMaster with mAirList (Tim aka fabo249 from the German forum). They had to fiddle around with the M3U format a bit, but it’s working now.

If Tim is reading this, perhaps he can share his experience with this software.

Hi,

we are using admaster since a few of month and we are very satisfied. Admaster has a good price-performance ratio . all functions included that we need. after a single device runs adMaster reliably with mAirList .

Many Greetings Tim

Hi Tim and Torben,

Thanks for your reply, allthough I deplore the fact that mAirList will not have a decent advertising scheduling system integrated in it. This would make things so much easier (no export - import etc.). And make mAirList more valuable and complete.

Tim, do you export the logs from Admaster as one log for the whole day or do you export one log per hour? What about the support from Admaster? Is it good? Do they regularly update their software? (you can respond in German if you want or PM me).

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

My name is Igor, I am one of developers of AdMaster. As far as we know from the feedback, mAirList users import the traffic logs generated by AdMaster using m3u output. If there is any other log file format that could provide better, faster or more reliable import of traffic logs to mAirList, just let me know and we will set the preconfigured output format and include it to the next update.

Also, if there is anything you would like to know about the possibilities of our software, I will be happy to answer all your questions, either in public or in private messages.

Regards,
Igor Kacmarcik
AdMaster Team

Hi Igor,

thanks for joining the discussion.

mAirList’s native import format for external schedules is the “TPI” format:

https://www.mairlist.com/dokuwiki/reference:text_playlist_import_format_specification

I’m out of office until next week, but I’ll be happy to answer any question you might have when I’m back at work.

Torben

Hello Igor and Torben,

Thanks for joining the discussion, Igor.

I would prefer to have the output of Admaster in the TPI format used by mAirList.

Frank

Hello everyone,

Sorry for late writing, it has been a busy period in AdMaster crew lately. We are right now developing predefined template for mAirList, and based upon Torben’s link, we decided for the output format described below.

File name would be in this format:
yyyy-mm-dd-hh.tpi

That means, for tomorrow at 7 O’clock in the morning, it would look like this:
2016-10-11-07.tpi

Assuming there are two commercial breaks (at :15min and :45min) at 7 O’clock in a given radio station, the content of the .tpi file would look like this:

07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial1.mp3
07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial3.mp3
07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial4.mp3
07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial2.mp3
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial4.mp3
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial2.mp3
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial3.mp3
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial1.mp3

Is this format ok?

There is also possibility to use mAirList’s internal ID, which has to be entered in AdMaster upon creating a commercial campaign. Please let me know if you think this is a better solution.

Many greetings, Igor

The TPI format does not use the minute to indicate the block number, but expects “B” lines at the beginning of each block like this:

07:15 N B 15
07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial1.mp3
07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial3.mp3
07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial4.mp3
07:15 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial2.mp3
07:45 N B 45
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial4.mp3
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial2.mp3
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial3.mp3
07:45 N F C:\mycommercials\commercial1.mp3

Would that work?

Many thanks Torben for quick response. It shouldn’t be a problem to get this kind of output. I’ll let you know when its done.

Hello,

the pre-configured output compatible with mAirlist is available in new AdMaster version. The other new major features include multi station traffic scheduling, and the ad break duration management improved (you can now set the duration limits for the breaks and top up shorter breaks).

Feel free to try it out by visiting www.admaster.info, and feel free to contact us directly for any questions that you might have…

Regards,
Igor

Hi admaster,

Thanks. I will start doing some tests in the near future and keep you posted.

Frank