Welcome to the mAirList 3.0 closed beta test

Hi everybody who has been granted permission to read this message :wink:

Since the release of mAirList 2.2 I have been working on the initial release of mAirList 3.0, the new development branch. I have started to prepare mAirListDB, but most of the work so far was cleaning up and restructuring the existing code. The main goal was to make mAirList ā€œmodularā€ - I get frequent requests to write a tool for purpose xyz which needs part of mAirListā€™s functionality (for example playlist handling). The new modular approach allows me to prepare custom builds which pick the necessary building blocks from the pool of mAirList code.

Anyway, Iā€™m now at a point where most things should work again and Iā€™m quite satisfied with the architecture. I do however believe there must be dozens of bugs resulting from the latest code reworks. This is why I would like a few selected members of the mAirList community to take a look at the new release before going into public with it. So the purpose of this closed beta test is to find these bugs and give mAirList 3.0 some basic robustness, making it fit for an initial public release. I believe that you - unlike some other forum members - are good at providing feedback and bug reports in a helpful manner, streamlining my work.

I will set up a private download area protected by a password which I shall announce later. Please do not give the password or the downloads to anyone else. Also, please send me an email to info@mAirList.com stating your license serial number so that I can update your license file to work with the new release.

To make things easier for our friends from the UK, I propose that all communication takes place in English.

Please monitor this forum for further announcements.

Torben