VT : Send own songs with Voicetrack

almost all my DJs work with voice tracks, but some DJs would like to insert an MP3 into the playlist of mairlist from their own PC.
It is NOT the intention that that song will end up in the database of mairlist. It is the intention that the DJ drags this song into the playlist and uploads it along with the voice tracks.

I know this is possible with Proppfrexx. The song is dragged into the playlist of the hour where the DJ is voicetracking. The song will be simply uploaded to the mairlist PC (together with the voicetracks). These songs are also saved in the folder of the voice tracks.

Is there a possibility that this will be possible in the future with mairlist ?

This is a “yes and no” thing.

No, it it is not possible that an item is imported to the server by dragging it into the playlist from the local pc without importing it into the database.

On the other side, you can import items into the database from the local disc of the server into the playlist and it won’t be imported to the database.
You can see those elements in the database playlist with a blue point instead of a green one.

So a workaround could be that the DJs upload their items to the server (by using a cloud folder or something like that) and copy their files from the local server folder into the database playlist.

I have found and “working” workaround for this … but maybe it is a good feature to implement it into a future release …
With Proppfrexx it is possible … so why not implement it in Mairlist ? :slight_smile: