Voice Tracking

Very good. Probably such a major project that it will be part of version 4 I’m thinking :wink:

Regards, Alec M…

Top of my ‘wanted’ list too

http://forum.mairlist.com/index.php/topic,5236.0.html

Torben,

Is there any sight on the progress for the voicetracking module? At this moment i would love to switch over from our current automationpackage to mAirlist, but i can’t until the voicetracking is there.

Thanks in advance.

The voice track recorder is almost finished. The recording is done in a separate dialog, but you can edit the recording in the Mix Editor instantly, and also record multiple takes and eventually choose the best one.

I’m currently working on mAirListDB so that you can save the recorded tracks directly into the database. There will also be a new feature called “mAirListDB Internet Server” that allows you to share a mAirListDB over the Internet easily, and also let people upload voice tracks from a remote location.

Now you are making me one happy camper :slight_smile: Thanks for the update.

1 more question about it, with this voicetracking option on it, will i still be able to set my automation to play everything in one player, and still hear the voicetracks in intro’s of songs, or do i (to achieve that result) need to use more players in automation mode for that?

For the moment, voice tracks will be just like ordinary tracks; the only difference is that they are recorded directly from within mAirList. That means that you are limited to the usual Cue In, Start Next etc. mechanism for the positioning of the track.

For a later release, it is planned to offer a much more flexibel way to position voice tracks (and other things like music beds, drop ins etc.) freely on the timeline of a music element. This needs some major code changes, so it takes too much time now and won’t be included in v4.1.

Looking forward :slight_smile:

Sounding realy great. Nice to hear.

Can you tell us an ETA? 8)

No. I never do.

But it won’t take long anymore. Actually, I gave a copy to a few people already, and they say it’s working pretty well.

Sounding realy good . We can’t wait over here as well.

Regards

Goos

A public alpha version is now available for download, see here: https://www.mairlist.com/wiki/index.php/mAirList_4.1

Great.

Just download it. What I need to know is how can i set this up for my windows 2008 server without a soundcard do i need a virutual asio driver for this ?

Goos

You cannot do Voice Tracking on an unattended server with no soundcard. It’s something that is done in a studio or audio workstation.

Yes we do that. When we want to record a show the vt will be saved in the playlist on the network or do i need to set up a sepparate folder on the server for it

Regards

Goos

Have you read the Wiki article on voice tracking?

Yes i did , I am working around with it . Looking fine for the moment

Goos

Yay, thanks Torben. Just been having a look at it and it looks awesome. I know what I’ll be doing for most of the day.

A post was split to a new topic: Beginners guide to voice tracking