Velleman K8055, K8055N, VM110, VM110N Studio Switching

Is it possible to use the (digital) outputs for example studio onair switching?
I know the inputs can be used but the outputs is a warm welcome

Hi Morris,

it is. It needs a little scripting, but no miracle. Here is an example:

procedure OnLoad;
begin
  K8055Remote(0).ClearAllDigital;
end;

procedure OnEncoderInputToggle(Input: TEncoderInput; NewState: boolean);
begin
  if Input = eiMic then begin
    if NewState = true then
      K8055Remote(0).SetDigitalChannel(1)
    else
      K8055Remote(0).ClearDigitalChannel(1);
  end;
end;

procedure OnPFLOn(Item: IPlaylistItem; PFLCount: integer);
begin
    K8055Remote(0).SetDigitalChannel(2);
end;

procedure OnPFLOff(Item: IPlaylistItem; PFLCount: integer);
begin
    K8055Remote(0).ClearDigitalChannel(2);
end;

procedure OnUnload;
begin
  K8055Remote(0).ClearAllDigital;
end;

begin
end.

(Untested, but should work.)

You do not have to understand this in detail. Copy this code into your favourite text editor and save it as plain text, but with the extension .mls. Register this file in mAirList configuration as a Background Script.

Now what does this thing do? When opening a microphone input of the encoder, a command is sent to the Velleman unit with the number 0 and switches channel one to ON and vice versa. If you enter PFL somewhere in mAirList, it will switch channel two to ON and vice versa. On program start and -stop all channels are set to OFF. Reference can be found here.

Signalling regards

TSD

Thanks!!!
Can i make the script that the triggering goes with a music file or another (dummy) file?

There are several procedures for all kinds of events to use in scripts. Look for the file Background Script Template.mls, to be found in the mAirList program folder or here, where these are listed. For your needs the procedures OnItemStart or OnPlayerStart might be suitable, depending on what you want to achieve exactly. (Nevertheless, I do not know if this is working with Dummies, as I have never used them to date.)

If you like to do a little scripting yourself, feel free to do so. There isn’t really a way to mess things up (apart from one exception, which is indicated in Background Script Template.mls, namely OnSystemLog.) The syntax is close to Delphi/Turbo Pascal, just file your scripts under <Name>.mls and make sure to test them before registering with the mAirList > Run Script… menu item.

Encouraging regards

TSD