v3.0.10 b636: Cartwall won't load V1 Cart Sets

This is more of a backwards compatibility issue than a bug as such, but it will irritate pre-v3.x users. :wink:

The Cartwall will not load MLC files which are (internally) Cartwall Version 1—which means all MLC files from mAirList versions earlier than v3.x.

(I thought this had been mentioned here before, but a Search proved otherwise!)

BFN
CAD

Just tried to save an .mlc file in v2.2.3 and load it again in v3.0.10 - worked like a charm.

Can you please send me one of the files that don’t work for you?

You are correct: saving an mlc in V2.2.3 does produce a Version 2 mlc file, so my Version 1 mlc file must pre-date that! :slight_smile: So a workaround would be to re-save the failing mlc files in V2.2.3, which will ‘convert’ them to Version 2 mlc files.

BUT … V2.2.3 will load a V1 mlc file and V3.x won’t (if you try, you get a completely empty Cartwall).

In the files below, test compo clip is the V1 file and test compo clip 2 is the same file, but with a few carts removed, then re-saved in V2.2.3. Obviously, the difference is the extra ‘layer’ in the XML.

BFN
CAD

Test Compo Clip.mlc (3.9 KB)

Test Compo Clip 2.mlc (5.41 KB)

Thanks. Support for loading these has been added again. I’ll upload a new build (as a public snapshot, Cad) in a few minutes.

Thanks! I’ll download that later.

BFN
CAD

We’re even at b640 now (there was an error with the database schema upgrade in b639).