v2.2.531: … FontStyle bugs in [Player] section of SKIN.INI

Just tried the build 531 Snapshot and noted the following bugs. Or maybe it’s one bug twice? ;D

If you specify a NameFontStyle or StateFontStyle key in the [Player] section of skin.ini, any Player which does not have individual ‘overrides’ will ALWAYS show those items in italic font. In other words, italics is ‘stuck’ as ‘on’ and cannot be switched off no matter whether you specify 0, 1, 2, or 3 as the value.

Players which DO have their own NameFontStyle and StateFontStyle keys (in, for example, the [Player1_1] section of skin.ini) display as intended in the correct font.

The [Cartwall] section is also working correctly. Cartwall Players are not affected by this bug.

For both INI file keys, the bold ‘bit’ (i.e. value is 2 or 3) is correctly interpreted and items are shown in the correct normal/bold font: but always in italics, regardless.

(Torben: Please let me know if you want me to add this issue to Mantis.)

BFN
CAD

Can you pleae post a minimal example skin.ini which demonstrates these issues? I haven’t managed to reproduce them.

Oh. Well, here’s a sample which should hopefully help you find out what I’ve done wrong. In fact, I have two Playlists each with three players; but this is just the [Player] section and the ‘overrides’ for the first Player in the second Playlist (i.e. Playlist_1 in skin.ini).

[code][Player]
EmptyColor=#666666
LoadedColor=#FFFFCC
NextColor=#CCFF99
PFLColor=#99FFFF
PlayingColor=#99FF33
PausedColor=#FFFF66
FadeColor=#66CC00
EOFColor=#666666
TitleFontName=Trebuchet MS
TitleFontSize=13
TitleFontStyle=1
ArtistFontName=Trebuchet MS
ArtistFontSize=13
ArtistFontStyle=0
NameFontName=Arial Black
NameFontSize=17
NameFontStyle=1
StateFontName=Arial Black
StateFontSize=17
StateFontStyle=1
NextStateFontColor=#800000
PlayingStateFontColor=#FF3030
PausedStateFontColor=#FF3030
FadeStateFontColor=#FF3030
TimeFontName=Verdana
TimeFontSize=17
TimeFontStyle=1
ProgressBarColor=#000000
ProgressBarBorderColor=#909090
ProgressBarRemainColor=#CFF8CF
ProgressBarElapsedColor=#990000
ProgressBarRampColor=#FF0000
ProgressBarElapsedRampColor=#990000
PFLButtonColor=#008080
PFLButtonActiveColor=#00FFFF
LoopButtonColor=#006000
LoopButtonActiveColor=#00FF00
HookButtonColor=#006000
HookButtonActiveColor=#00FF00
StopButtonColor=#700000
StopButtonActiveColor=#FF0000
PauseButtonColor=#808000
PauseButtonActiveColor=#FFFF00
FadeoutButtonColor=#700000
FadeoutButtonActiveColor=#FF0000
StartButtonColor=#006000
StartButtonActiveColor=#00FF00
RampPrefix=RAMP
ButtonSize=28

[Player1_0]
TitleFontName=Tahoma
TitleFontSize=8
TitleFontStyle=1
ArtistFontName=Tahoma
ArtistFontSize=8
ArtistFontStyle=0
NameFontName=Arial Narrow
NameFontSize=8
NameFontStyle=0
StateFontName=Arial Narrow
StateFontSize=10
StateFontStyle=1
TimeFontName=Arial Narrow
TimeFontSize=15
TimeFontStyle=1
ProgressBarBorderColor=#000000
ProgressBarHeight=12
[/code]Obviously in the complete file, I also have identical [Player1_1] and [Player1_2] sections. I also made no changes to the skin.ini between using the ‘stable’ 2.2 build and build 531. Only the 531 build shows the ‘permanently italicised’ Player Name and State text, the stable build displays ut as intended.

Thanks in advance.

BFN
CAD

Still nothing italic here :frowning: Neither with your skin.ini nor with this following “really minimal” example:

[Player]
NameFontStyle=1

[Player0_0]
NameFontStyle=0

;D Solved it!

As well as the OpenType Arial Black font dated 2001, I also had a 1997 Arial Black Italic TrueType font installed. Deleting the italic font restored normality. 8)

Still a bit weird, but at least mAirList is displaying everything correctly now.

BFN
CAD

Well, ok :wink:

By the way, Build 532 is online now. If there are no further bugs for the moment, this will become v2.2.1 in a day or two.