v2.1.43 b489: Slow GUI initialization

Not a bug exactly, more of a startup ‘issue.’

On my test PC here, which is a 1.4GHz box with a ‘standard’ (i.e. not gaming-grade) graphics card: When the Starting GUI… message appears in the splash box, it takes just over 30s until the mAirList window is displayed and ready to use.

I don’t think I have a particularly complex skin/layout (?). I am wondering whether on-the-fly database initialization (two of them, both of which are cached and checked/rebuilt at startup) is now included in that 30s time? Would it shorten my startup time if I remove both those databases, or change their ‘cached/rebuild’ settings?

For on-air use, we obviously want the most rapid startup time possible, so a total of 40-50s from double-click to ‘ready’ is bordering on unacceptable.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help on this one.

BFN
CAD

It might also be part of the “engine” which causes the delay, including the databases. (In mAirList 2.1, the engine is initialized by the GUI, whereas in mAirList 3.0, the engine and databases will be initialized before the GUI.) Can you try to disable the database and/or the skin and layout?

mAirList 3.0 will be much more “chatty” when it comes to status messages.

I find by disabling the splash screen will speed up the loading time dramatically, but that might be to do with my language codepage conflits.