v2.1.43 b489: DefaultDirectories.ini is ignored

I have set up a defaultdirectories.ini file in my mairlist\config directory, containing all the directories I wish to use to load/save playlists, run scripts, load/save cart sets, etc.

Unfortunately, when I load or save any file, the common dialog ignores the settings in defaultdirectories.ini and always starts in the last directory used by any load or save dialog.

Example: Right-click playlist, click This playlist…, Load…, and the dialog box opens on my mairlist program directory, not the directory I want! Set the directory to my playlist directory and open a playlist. Then click (menu bar) Open, Run script and the open script dialog again ignores my desired script directory, and opens in my playlist directory. And so on …

Unless I am doing something drastically wrong, the contents of the ini file are being ignored, and I really need this feature to be working as described!

Thanks in advance.

BFN
CAD

There’s a defaultdirectories.ini ?! News to me ???

My defaults reside within mairlist.ini (in the \config sub-folder), and seem to work for me.

[DefaultDirectories] AddDirectoryBrowser=D:\ AddDirectoryTreeBrowser=D:\ AddPlaylistBrowser=D:\mAirList Files AppendPlaylist=D:\mAirList Files\Playlists CartWallLoad=D:\mAirList Files CartWallSave=D:\mAirList Files OpenPlaylist=D:\mAirList Files\Playlists SavePlaylist=D:\mAirList Files\Playlists SchedulerSelectScript=D:\mAirList Files SchedulerSelectFile=D:\mAirList Files SchedulerSelectPlaylist=D:\mAirList Files SchedulerLoadList=D:\mAirList Files SchedulerSaveList=D:\mAirList Files SelectIcon=C:\Program Files\mAirList\icons

I keep my playlists out the way of MLC, MLS and user-configured M3U’s as the \Playlist folder has files over 14 days deleted whenever I do a schedule run.

Then one has not been reading the Announcements details closely enough! To wit:

[quote=“Torben, post:1, topic:4751”]Version 2.1.43 (2008-02-17)

Massive exceptions when using incompatible PNG files (256 color)
Default directories now stored in defaultdirectories.ini
Prepared some new cool features you still don’t imagine :wink:
…[/quote]

I rather suspect that this didn’t get implemented as advertised. Like you, Charlie, I did have my default directories set up in mairlist.ini.

BFN
CAD

It’s still in mAirList.ini. Seems that I was a little fast editing the changelog :wink:

(This is what happens when you’re working on two branches - 2.1 and 3.0 - at the same time.)

I know the feeling! OK, I will reinstate the [Directories] section of my mairlist.ini and double-check everything again.

[later]

Yes, that cured the ‘problem!’ 8)

BFN
CAD