Usb soundcart

Hi

I use several USB soundcarts for player a/b 2 tascam us 2x2 so 1 for a and one for player b.
And since I bought the second one the trouble (in mairlist) begun after 30 minutes the soundcarts quit. When restarting mairlist evrything is OK again but during broadcasting that’s no go🥴
Is there a way to reset soundcarts while mairlist runs.
And has anyone suggestions on what’s the Wright way to install 2 carts off the same brand.
The way I did it was install the driver and then plug in the USB cable.
And after that plug in the second cable.
Evrything shows up as 4 stereo output.

Henk

This may help or it may not. Have you looked at the settings in the device management in Windows, USB Serial bus controllers, USB roots hubs, and check the properties, power management. If you uncheck the “allow computer to turn off this device” for each of the hubs, it may help.

The usb power management is on high performance. I followed the steps off a englis company (molten) where you make some adjustments for a pc to work whith audio.

Henk

True the tascam user forum I figured out what the problem is.
Before I used the usb soundcarts I had marian pci carts you could ad carts. But with usb soundcarts you can’t the store where I bought the soundcarts told me you can add carts and with that in mind I first bought a US 2x2 last December Santa brought the second and the trouble began. Last weak there came a US 4x4 and nothing works together. The mail from Tascam (Germany) Unfortunately, you cannot run several Tascam US-interfaces on one computer, as the driver can only communicate with one device. Today I exchanged the 2x2 and 4x4 for one 16x8 problem solved (I hope)

I’m afraid, this not a special Tascam problem. Windows cannot handle two identical USB Audio Codecs differently, e.g. two same USB microphones called “USB audio codec” :roll_eyes: (many podcasters have the same problem).

However, Røde (these australian guys with those quite interesting microphones) published a video where they said that two of their - class compliant! - USB microphones could be used on one PC.
I think it was a trick with ASIO4all, I don’t know…
They have tested it with their latest NT-USB Mini (I got one of them here at my mAirList test system; it’s sooo cute! :heart_eyes:).

Maybe @shorty.xs can help, he is very experienced with PC, Windows and USB bus structures.

When I got the latest computer it didn’t have pci slots.
I bought some usb carts 1 esi udj6 (3 stereo) and the first tascam us 2x2 (stereo in out) this combination works there is even an very cheap behringer (20€) cart for Skype calls.
And the problem whit the tascam carts is solved off next weak there is one big tascam.
I only wrote tis comment as a warning for others that you can’t add usb carts of the same brand.

:white_check_mark:
Thank you.

1 Like

Hm, my experience is that multiple class-compliant (“driverless”) USB devices are no problem - e.g. as in the D&R consoles where you have 3 (Webstation) or even 4 (Airlite/Airence) class-compliant USB devices connected to the internal USB hub.

For interfaces that are not class-compliant, but need a 3rd party driver, it really depends on the driver if you can have more than one at the same time.

1 Like

This is the mail from Tascam Germany

Unfortunately, you cannot run several Tascam US-interfaces on one computer, as the driver can only communicate with one device.
If you require more inputs and outputs (for example 8 mic inputs), please consider replacing your US-2x2s and US-4x4 with one US-16x08

The reason I took the tascam was that I wanted a quality device but the store advised me to upgrade evry time you have the money buy an extra divice and that’s not possible.

Once again, poor implementation of a high end brand. I really wonder what some companies are doing. I‘d expect development engineers to read and follow specifications as well as keeping an eye on best practices of consumer brands. :man_facepalming:
At least for Wasapi it is definitely possible to have multi instances of the exact same device running.
For ASIO, it is the driver architecture that makes it difficult to run multiple devices but other brands and even asio4all have shown, that this is also possible. I case of asio4all, even without having Hardware clock sync.

Ok I went back to the store return the US 2x2 and US 4x4 and took the tascam advice so there is 1 device a US 16x8.
Yesterday everything installed. On advice from Torben (years ago) evrything was always wasapi but the new us 16x8 only let’s me choose outputs if I use asio. Do I need to make somewhere adjustments to improve the sound quality? It already sounds great but I always go for the best possible :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
That doesn’t go for the dj by the way :joy:

I know that @calypso60 has installed this device in a studio of a friend, maybe he can help you with his experience?

1 Like

I’ve had the same experience with Tascam US16x8, no wasapi. The system in my friends studio runs with asio.

2 Likes