UMC 1820 + Microphone

Dear fellow users,

some time ago I had to install a new sound card. Everything works as it should except the microphone.
This only comes in on 1 channel (left) and can’t get it on two channels.
Configuration:
Windows 10
Maillist 6.3.23
Dateq BCS 25
Rode Broadcaster
DBX 286S
ZDirect D.I. box
U-Phoria UMC 1820 ASIO

does anyone have the solution?

Saludos, Roel

Without further knowledge of your overall setup: If done correctly, the microphone is to be plugged into a MIC input channel of your fabulous BCS 25 console.This should rout the mic signal perfectly into both channels. If not, something might not be quite right with the channel’s pan pot.

I agree, but have you seen the…

… in the list?
I would like to know where @ibizadj has placed it in his audio signal routing.

1 Like

Err … no. The BCS25 blinded my view all over. But nevertheless, plug the mic into the DBX, the DBX into the MIC channel and switch the latter to LINE. Same effect.

Same setup but my mixer is a D&R Airence.
My mic signal goes in the dbx 286 the line (dbx) signal goes in the mixer and if you want the mic signal in Mairlist for voice track you can take a insert cable and feed the line part to the beheringer the return signal you don’t use
In Mairlist you then have one channel and with asio you can make a couple.
Or if you prefer connect the dbx with a insert cable and the line out from the dbx to the beheringer but it only makes sense to use the beheringer if you want the signal in Mairlist for voice track for normal use you don’t need the signal in Mairlist.

Thanks for all the answers.
The problem is like @henk describes, I only have one incomming Mic channel in the Voicetrack module. With the Behringer software it is not possible to switch the incomming 1 channel from the mic to two channels. Can this be done with other (Asio) software perhaps?

Have a great Sunday,
Roel

Again: Why do you use any software for miking rather than your mixer?

I don’t think that there is a way to repair it during the recording of the voicetrack, but you can use mAirLists effect section in the VT config:

Config > Voice tracking > Tab "Effects" > Downmix

When the recording is done, the VT should be like you want it.

@Tondose

I don’t only hardware

Rode Broadcaster
DBX 286S
ZDirect D.I. box
U-Phoria UMC 1820 ASIO
(Has 8 input channels divided by two for 4 stereo channels)
Dateq BCS 25

Roel

Thank you Uli,

I will try this.

Here not with a beheringer but a tascam I made asio groups (in Mairlist) and it looks like this

And until channel 10 its mono and the signal comes over 2 channels.