Track duration and marker info

Hello,

I was wondering how to obtain the duration of a current playing track and the marker info of that track. For example, I want to run a part of an .MLS-script when the Ramp 1 marker is reached.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone (Torben?) got any idea?

It possible yet difficult. Perhaps you can explain a bit more what you are going to achieve?

I am trying to start a video file in VLC when a certain point in a track is reached. VLC is controlled trough the VLC HTTP protocol.

So, for example, if the Ramp 1 marker is reached, the .MLS-scripts sends a HTTP request to VLC, to play the video.

Only for a particular track, or for any track?

For any track. So if a track has a Ramp 1 marker, the script needs to start the videoclip in VLC.
I will put all videoclips in a folder, and with the HTTP command VLC will play the video.

(Something like http://127.0.0.1:8080/requests/status.xml?command=in_enqueue&input=%a - %b.mp4)

Ok, it was actually much less work for me to just add a hook to the background scripts, than explaining how to poll the information from the players :wink:

Please download snapshot 3207, it introduces a new background script procedure, to be used like this:

// Called when playback passes a cue marker
procedure OnItemCueMarker(Item: IPlaylistItem; MarkerType: TCuePositionType);
begin
  if MarkerType = ptRamp1 then
    SystemLog('Ramp 1 reached for ' + Item.GetTitle);
end;

Works perfect! Thanks. My experiment will continue now…

[quote=“Torben, post:7, topic:10826”]Ok, it was actually much less work for me to just add a hook to the background scripts, than explaining how to poll the information from the players :wink:

Please download snapshot 3207, it introduces a new background script procedure, to be used like this:

// Called when playback passes a cue marker procedure OnItemCueMarker(Item: IPlaylistItem; MarkerType: TCuePositionType); begin if MarkerType = ptRamp1 then SystemLog('Ramp 1 reached for ' + Item.GetTitle); end; [/quote]

Any chance you can add this hook to version 4.4? At home I use version 5 for testing purposes, but and the station we use version 4.4.

Thanks.

“Can you please do the double work, so we don’t have to pay you for the upgrade?” :wink:

Nope, sorry, no more feature updates for v4.

I understand!

And my second question, how do I get the track duration? I have tried Item.GetDuration, but I want the duration between cue in and cue out. Not the whole track…