Thread: v8.1 beta (public) - official thread!

,

Official announcement: v8.1 is coming soon! :slight_smile:

Yesterday evening Torben released the new 8.1 beta of mAirList:
Download latest snapshot of v8.1 beta here

mAirList is getting some very cool new (and long awaited) features!

Smart Folders (Yay!)

New “Smart Folders” allows you to assign a search query to a folder, and the folder content will automatically be the result of that query. (Advanced Edition and up, required license re-download)

Support for SQL native full-text-search

Currently only for PostgreSQL backend. Can be configured on the “Options” page in the DB connection configuration.

For non-supported backend, as well as local database, “disabled” or “emulated” modes are supported. Emulated mode will find substrings in all fields, but can be slow in large libraries.

Please note: This must be set in the database window for the master database connection. Internet DB connections will inherit the feature!

Mix Editor: New “Previous and this and next elment” opening mode.

Redesigned playlist popup menu with submenu for the various modee.

The default mode for the Mix Editor button in the toolbar (playout and DB) can be adjusted by right-clicking the button and selecting the mode.

Playlist Column Headers

Long awaited: Playlist column headers are re-introduced.

Their look will be fully skinnable through the skin.ini too.

More newly introduced features

  • DB: Added popup menu to library and playlist views to quickly select columns
  • Audio Routing: Ability to create separate audio routing based on playlist items type (Professional Studio only, requires re-download of license)
  • System Log: Ability to select components for debug logging
  • Playlist: Improved accessibility/screen reader compatibility. Please contact support for more information and customization options.
  • Standard Attributes: New type “Number”

If you encounter any bugs please feel free to write us in this thread!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Great. What exactly do you mean by

and what is the precise procedure to do so?

Would you kindly tell us the relevant entry or entries for the Skin Editor – or do we need to consult the :crystal_ball:?

It’s rather unlikely that you’ll be updating the wiki, isn’t it?

Is there any more detailed information on this – specifically, which values or which entry?

License manager. Just re-download your license as always :nerd_face:

If I had this information I“d have written it down. :man_shrugging: As soon as I have more details I will post it here.

Akkording to this Topic here: Full Text Search and Advanced Search SQL Native only works on “real” Databases like PostgreSQL. In your configuration windows it shows local mode, I think the dropdown to chose the mode should only allow a choice that matches the database backend. Otherwise I imagine there will be tons of Threads here in the forum like: “My Fulltext search does not work. PLEASE HELP!!!”.

Try this:

[Playlist]
HeaderFontSize=15
HeaderFontName=Bahnschrift Light

Works for me. I guess, nearly all usual triggers will work, like Color, Style, Background and else (not tested yet).

Yeah, I see! Good point. I just opened mAirList to take a look. As I can see, the header bar is enabled by default. However, I’ve gotten so used to not having it that I’d rather disable it.

I’m pretty happy that it’s available now. I had a workaround with Textobjects until now.

Not tested: ‘ShowHeader=off’ or something might work.

Great tip! That works.

You’re welcome! I do my very best! :hugs::+1:

[Playlist]

// Playlist column header (general)
HeaderFontName=Segoe UI
HeaderFontStyle=0
HeaderFontSize=10

[Playlist.Dark]

// Playlist column header (dark mode)
HeaderBackgroundColor=ButtonInactiveBackground
HeaderFontColor=Gray1

:smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Good morning. I’ve noticed that when the scroll bar is active at the bottom of the column headers, there’s a white box there in dark mode… Here’s a screenshot – is this a bug?

Screenshot 2026-08-28 083953

On the far right, next to “Length” in the picture.

Noticed that, too.

I’m also missing the ‘skip everything up to this point’-option in the right-click-menu in the playout-playlist. Bug?

HeaderHeight=

… works as well. :nerd_face:

When I enable ‘Show items from subfolders’ in the database window, it doesn’t show me the items from the folder, but rather the results of a (already deleted) Smart Folder I had previously created for testing purposes.

User error or a bug?

BTW @Stefan_Hillen : How about a subthread for collecting bugs for 8.1 beta?

Nah… :wink:

Torben wird über alle Bug-Mitteilungen intern informiert :slight_smile:

EDIT: Kann ich bestätigen, habe es eben getestet. Direkt nach dem Start der DB-App Oberordner ausgewählt - es waren alle Ordner der DB mit der Anzeige aller Elemente da. “Items from Subfolders” deaktiviert und wieder aktiviert, es wurde nun nur noch der Inhalt des zuletzt angelegten Smart-Ordners angezeigt.

This came with Snapshot 6102:

Has anything changed regarding the DynamicHeaders? Before the snapshot, the name “Elementtyp” (in German, in my case) appeared there.