Thread: mAirList v7.0 Beta (public)

Since the release of snapshot 5006. the slider in the mixeditor is working well.
#37 can be removed from the list :wink:

1 Like

Yes, there is Build 5006.

Addionally to Build 5005, this has changed:

[-] Audio routing: Encoder must not use itself as target
[+] New commands: DARK MODE ON, DARK MODE OFF, DARKMODE ON/OFF
[*] Cartwall: Dropped support for "Dynamic Colors" mode
[*] Cartwall: Removed "Colors" page in config app, colors can only be adjusted
through the skin now
[-] Mix Editor and Cue Editor: Scrollbars not working correctly in Dark Mode
[+] Playlist: Added "TitleDisplayMode=Title" skin option (only title, no artist)
[-] Some PLAYLIST and PLAYER commands not processed correctly
[-] DBClient: Audio files may file to load
[-] DBClient: Connections are always read-only regardless of permissions

You will find the complete Changelog here:

https://download.mairlist.com/current/mAirList/v7.0/snapshot/Changelog.txt

Build 5006
Tested 19.15 looks like the skin editor does not work anymore.
done it before then it did work.

I will test it in the late evening. Torben is out of the office and I have a private online-meeting soon.
Thanks for your report.

When started again the things a try to change where white.

When entering the old fassion #ffffff it works but when entering the colors (screenshot)

Then first nothing happens and after restart the parts are white.
If you go trough custom colors it works

And you cant copy past in the new skin editor

And a little suggestion for 7 the cartwall numbering is from top to bottom while from left to right there is more space mostly

This screenshot is from 6.3 and the cart number and duration are made (in my case) as small as possible to give space for the artist name.

For which key?

A lot of skin settings now allow you to use the new color names; but some still only accept raw HTML color codes.

At first I used the new color (in the toolbar )like in the screenshot , nothing happened and after restart it was white .
Later when used the #123456 html code it was ok.
But if you can’t use the new colors everywhere isn’t it better to blanc them out ?
Or the option to use them ?

Here are a few things I noticed since the snapshot 5006 version:

First there is the mixeditor. When there are tracks selected, the complete row changes the color. not only the waveform background.
As you see the first 2 rows are in use. they are completely in the background colour from the [waveform] settings in the skin ini. The background is completely overruled.
This appears in dark and light mode.

Then there is a thing with the PlayingArtistFontColor and PlayingTitleFontColor.
In the darkmode the color is ignored wich is given in the skin ini file. In light mode, it is working well.
Size and style seem working well, only color is ignored

Dark mode:

Light mode:

Will be fixed in Build 5007, thank you.

This is a kind of “Auto Importer lite”. It will look in the defined folder for new entries when you click on the icon, import them and delete those files in the folder (not the folder itself). It does not work automatically and only on one folder, but we think about making it available in all mAirList Editions.

I think this has been requested in the past so we offer this as an additional possibility.

We have to test it.

Groups can have the same permissions like users. A single user can receive all permissions from a group he is a part of; e.g. when he is “Read-only” but the group is “Admin”, he will get admin rights, too.

Please note:

[+] New commands: DARK MODE ON, DARK MODE OFF, DARKMODE ON/OFF

The command DARKMODE is correct, we will update it. Sorry!

Here is our new Build 5007. This was added / has changed:

[-] DB: Standard Attributes not shown in Properties dialog
[-] DB: Scheduler: File Access Denied error when debug log file is enabled
[-] Playlist: Progress bar options from config not applied on startup
[-] DB: Items not sorted alphabetically in browser
[+] DB App: Added Dark Mode switch in Help menu
[-] Some scrollbars not turning dark in Dark Mode
[+] Skin Editor: Prompt to save changes when closing window
[+] Skin Editor: Added search functionality (Ctrl+F)
[-] Ctrl+F shortcut will show error message when System Log viewer is not open
[-] DB: Storages appear in random order in Synchronize dropdown menu

Please send me a short note in this thread if some bugs still exist or if you find new ones.
Your cooperation is highly appreciated; thank you for letting us know. :clap:

@UliNobbe and @Torben,

This post contains no errors, ideas or anything about the new version. With this post I want to show my respect to you.
Last week you launched the first beta version of version 7 and also put the question in this (and the German) forum to test the software.
I think you must have been inundated with all the responses and questions that have already come.
That’s exactly why I want to take a moment to reflect on the fact that you really are champs! In the last days so many improvements have been made, but also questions answered and energy invested in this new version. Very deep respect for what you have done in the last few days and are still doing!
I don’t know if you expected all this input in such a short time, but it must be nice for you to see that so many people want to think along with you.

Hence this post. Just to say that you are a great team and that in addition to all the comments, you also deserve to receive a token of appreciation!

Keep it up gentlemen!

3 Likes

@RuVo80
Thank you very much; we really appreciate your kind words.

Dear community,

thanks to your intensive and good cooperation, we were able to find and eliminate many :beetle::lady_beetle: in the first wave.

We are now switching to “one topic per bug” and closing this thread.

Please keep searching and researching!
Post it as usual in appropriate, separate threads. We will summarize this in an internal work list.
Even if a topic from this thread isn’t finished yet or is still on our to-do list: Feel free to remind us of it, with a link to your post if you like.

If something doesn’t appear to be done in the rush, you’re welcome to push the entry. But please give us time to breathe, drink, eat and sleep. :wink:

You spend your spare time for this, but for the most part we do too: On the one hand, there is still the day-to-day business and on the other hand, every parent can understand that, there are new Corona love greetings from the schools (and your personal environment, too) every day.

Our great respect to everyone who has to deal with this double burden. :heart:

So let’s get back to the Beta!
I guess there are some really cool features that you haven’t discovered, researched or critically examined yet. That’s going to be really exciting.

Have fun!