Thread: mAirList v7.0 Beta (public)

Okay, I will test it, thank you.

and

“dead” = if you change it in the configuration it has no effect on the playlist and it’s context menu?

Yes my thought is configuration is permanent playout only this session But un mark it in the configuration then open the playout and the marks are back.

Confirmed, thank you.

Skin / height of line will be tested later, have to solve support questions, too.

Good morning.
Another day of testing here :slight_smile:
Since snapshot version 7.0 snapshot 5005, mAirlist is able to connect to a 6.3 db server from over the internet. I am testing on a laptop and on this same laptop I am having an 6.3 licence for using the database application. (The database connection is exported from 6.3 and imported in 7.0) As I am not in my studio, I am trying to connect to the 6.3 software so I can test a lot of functions wich I already use. So that is why I testing the connection of the dbserver wich is running in my studio.

Now I do have a connection and I see all the items in 7.0 The only issue is, that when running 6.3 using db server, the audiofiles are send by internet to the connected software. The 7.0 snapshot 5005 doesn’t seem to recieve these files. In this screenshot you see the pllaylist is imported, the database is running, but when trying to playing (or open a track in the database) it isn’t able to recieve the audio file like the 6.3 version is:

Next issue still appears to be in snapshot version 5005;

When using the mixeditor or track editor (as well in the database app as in the playout app), It isn’t possible to use the slider when zoomed in.
In the next picture u see the red and yellow marked area:

When pressing in the yellow marked area, the slides makes steps to move.
When sliding the red marked slider, the wave form doesn’t move at all.
This way it is very diffiucult to search in the waveform

Again a question about the snapshot 5005 version.

In the playlist you see a peakmeter as well. Is there a way to hide it? In the gui options, it is possible to remove the progress bar, but I can nowhere find anything about the peakmeter and other columns.
As I posted earlier, I would like to make some changes in the layout of the playlist and the reply from uli was that the extended displaymode is now made by the skin.ini file.
In the german part of the wiki i found this;

[Playlist]
Debug=on
Attribute1=Album
Attribute2=Year
Columns=Player,Title,Attribute1,Attribute2,Duration
Attribute1ColumnWidth=250
Attribute2ColumnWidth=80

Will the playlist layout be adjustable only in the skin.ini file?
how to change/ remove colums like the peakmeter, the link button (The round dot) and add (for example) the ramp 1 column?

here a screenshot of to explain.

Sorry for the many posts in here… I am having some time for testing nowadays haha.

In the next screenshot you will see the database browser in mAirlist on the left and the same folder in the database app on the right. ( snapshot version 5005).
As you can notice, the sorting of the datababrowser in mAirlist itself is a real mess. It seem that it isn’t sorted in a logical order.

I used a jingles folder so it is vissible very well, but also when checking folders, the sorting doesn’t seem logical at all…

@RuVo80 in #39:
Confirmed, it’s in the list.

#37:

Sorry, I could’nt reproduce it (zoomed waveform in cue Editor as well as Mix Editor).
Slider is moveable and waveform follows.

#36:
I will need some time, this is not so easy to figure out.

#38:
In discussion this afternoon. Stay tuned! :slightly_smiling_face:

@UliNobbe

As I understand you can’t reproduce the issue using the slider in the mixeditor? (Am sorry, I tought the issue also was occuring while using the cue editor. this doesn’t seem right, the slider and wave form in the cue editor work fine, so the issue only is appearing when using the mixeditor. My bad!)
I have made a movie of this issue, but I am not able to upload it here in the forum. Is there a way I can send you the video so you can see what I notice?

Since the release of snapshot 5006. the slider in the mixeditor is working well.
#37 can be removed from the list :wink:

1 Like

Yes, there is Build 5006.

Addionally to Build 5005, this has changed:

[-] Audio routing: Encoder must not use itself as target
[+] New commands: DARK MODE ON, DARK MODE OFF, DARKMODE ON/OFF
[*] Cartwall: Dropped support for "Dynamic Colors" mode
[*] Cartwall: Removed "Colors" page in config app, colors can only be adjusted
through the skin now
[-] Mix Editor and Cue Editor: Scrollbars not working correctly in Dark Mode
[+] Playlist: Added "TitleDisplayMode=Title" skin option (only title, no artist)
[-] Some PLAYLIST and PLAYER commands not processed correctly
[-] DBClient: Audio files may file to load
[-] DBClient: Connections are always read-only regardless of permissions

You will find the complete Changelog here:

https://download.mairlist.com/current/mAirList/v7.0/snapshot/Changelog.txt

Build 5006
Tested 19.15 looks like the skin editor does not work anymore.
done it before then it did work.

I will test it in the late evening. Torben is out of the office and I have a private online-meeting soon.
Thanks for your report.

When started again the things a try to change where white.

When entering the old fassion #ffffff it works but when entering the colors (screenshot)

Then first nothing happens and after restart the parts are white.
If you go trough custom colors it works

And you cant copy past in the new skin editor

And a little suggestion for 7 the cartwall numbering is from top to bottom while from left to right there is more space mostly

This screenshot is from 6.3 and the cart number and duration are made (in my case) as small as possible to give space for the artist name.

For which key?

A lot of skin settings now allow you to use the new color names; but some still only accept raw HTML color codes.

At first I used the new color (in the toolbar )like in the screenshot , nothing happened and after restart it was white .
Later when used the #123456 html code it was ok.
But if you can’t use the new colors everywhere isn’t it better to blanc them out ?
Or the option to use them ?

Here are a few things I noticed since the snapshot 5006 version:

First there is the mixeditor. When there are tracks selected, the complete row changes the color. not only the waveform background.
As you see the first 2 rows are in use. they are completely in the background colour from the [waveform] settings in the skin ini. The background is completely overruled.
This appears in dark and light mode.

Then there is a thing with the PlayingArtistFontColor and PlayingTitleFontColor.
In the darkmode the color is ignored wich is given in the skin ini file. In light mode, it is working well.
Size and style seem working well, only color is ignored

Dark mode:

Light mode:

Will be fixed in Build 5007, thank you.