Thread: mAirList v7.0 Beta (public)

I have just downloaded the 5003 snapshot and like in my message some earlier, I was doing some testing on the ‘Automatic file container’.

Now when going to the folder in the database wich contains the item, I get this error;

The item dissapeared, and the folder stays empty.

Again I do place the questions I have asked some earlier…

What is the real function of the ‘Automatic file container’? instead of adding tracks wich are used in the database, you have to assign an folder on the pc where the music is taken and placed in line.
I wonder what the toughts are about the creation of this item.

Also I wonder what the ‘Inbox’ button in the database will be doing. I have added some storages and I was thinking that the inbox would be sort of the already excisting ‘synchronise’ button. But i wonder how the ‘inbox’ button will be activated. and most important question… in your description you say the ‘Inbox’ button will check a configurable folder for new audio files, then import and delete them.
Will the folder be deleted or will the track been moved and then the original items will be deleted?
How is this function been tought to work out?

And like I mentioned before, the way the usergroups and roles are now implemented are so much easier. Only thing I noticed that it isn’t possible to add a user to a usergroup. So what is the difference between a user and a usergroup. When thinking logical, you would say you can create usergroups and then add a user to a user group. At this moment it is only possible to add a user level to a user.

Working about the looks is nice, but I hope also the functional parts of this new version will be discussed in here :wink:. As I really look forward testing the new functions of the v7 software.

EDIT:
I have just noticed that the scrollbar in the mix editor isn’t working when zooming in. It is working when clicking next to the scroll bar, but not when sliding the scrollbar using the mouse.

I thought the dark skin would fill up the wite pieces in the skin.ini .
But in dark mode it looks like everything is being ignored.

In normal state (no dark mode) the compete cartwall is wite and the mix editor only show the buttons (the skin )rest is wite (when using own skin)
The waves are green with Grey background but I think that also whiteout skin

I been testing the voicetracking and got this error when trying to save the voicetrack:

I have assigned a wasapi soundcard to the recording device and checked if the same device is shown in the voicetrack input.
No other settings about voicetracking have been changed in the configuration software.
When trying to save the voicetrack, this error apears and after a few moments the ‘application seem to be frozen’ error ocurs.

The voicetrack is recorded and I am able to listen and edit the mixeditor, just the error pops up when trying to save the voicetrack

If nothing is loaded (music jingels ect)
it looks like this

As soon when you load the playlist there comes color.

Some kind of empty state for playlist is missing.
The cartwall shows it grid when the fist cart appears but it doesn’t show the corlor of the item.
And the toolbar of the mix editor stays white except the buttons.

Tested with the latest version at 17:35

Thank, you, noticed (we have an internal check list).

On the screenshot you see I have my own letter type
In the player there are capitol letters and in the playlist are small.
after changing the playlist into capital letters the letters in the players also change

open the configuration

In the picture every box has no check mark
afterwards opens playout sorry cant make a screenshot right click in the playlist in the middle again progress bar and there are all check marks again

At this moment I am testing snapshot version 5005 of the v7 software.
When comparing the configuration with version 6.3, I notice a large difference in the gui options for the playlist:

As you can see there is a large difference on the both lists, but what struck me the most is that the extended display mode has dissapeared. That’s really a pitty, I guess a lot of people were liking to have title and artist on seperate lines in the playlist.
I been looking all over the place, but nowhere found this option. Can this function again be implemented in a later version?
There are a few more gui options wich are cool, but I guess the extended version is most used of all.

It’s now part of the skin.ini.
Actually not documented (there will be no new wiki, we are working on a complete new documentation):

When you use TitleDisplayMode=... and following values:
JoinTitleArtist
JoinArtistTitle
VSplitTitleArtist
VSplitArtistTitle
HSplitTitleArtist
HSplitArtistTitle

Join writes both following in the same line, VSplit creates two lines, HSplit two columns.
ArtistTitle or TitleArtist determines the order of both.

It works with selectors, too!
When you use PlayingTitleDisplayMode=..., it will only have effect on playing elements.

This seem cool! thx for your fast responce. These days must be very busy for you and Torben!
Will there be an option only to show title? (For instance when using jingles in the playlist)

Found it in the German selection and tested it tonight but I only get this

Or

But the sise stays the same while in 6.3 it was halve the sise

I have tested it in Build 5005. It seems to have gone, can you please confirm?

The problem you describe in #23 is not clear to me; maybe it has to do with the screenshots?

The check marks in the confirmation are dead the dont work.

Can make a screenshot with cell phone , and mail it to?

And # 23 i use the extended view because there is more info on the screen .
Screenshot 3 (6.3) is half the size in hight (total hight )
In screenshot 1 and 2 i made the various possible states artist /title and top artist below title but it makes no difference in hight of the
Column .

Conformation = configuration (small letters cell phone )
And I see no edit possibility on cell phone .

Okay, I will test it, thank you.

and

“dead” = if you change it in the configuration it has no effect on the playlist and it’s context menu?

Yes my thought is configuration is permanent playout only this session But un mark it in the configuration then open the playout and the marks are back.

Confirmed, thank you.

Skin / height of line will be tested later, have to solve support questions, too.

Good morning.
Another day of testing here :slight_smile:
Since snapshot version 7.0 snapshot 5005, mAirlist is able to connect to a 6.3 db server from over the internet. I am testing on a laptop and on this same laptop I am having an 6.3 licence for using the database application. (The database connection is exported from 6.3 and imported in 7.0) As I am not in my studio, I am trying to connect to the 6.3 software so I can test a lot of functions wich I already use. So that is why I testing the connection of the dbserver wich is running in my studio.

Now I do have a connection and I see all the items in 7.0 The only issue is, that when running 6.3 using db server, the audiofiles are send by internet to the connected software. The 7.0 snapshot 5005 doesn’t seem to recieve these files. In this screenshot you see the pllaylist is imported, the database is running, but when trying to playing (or open a track in the database) it isn’t able to recieve the audio file like the 6.3 version is:

Next issue still appears to be in snapshot version 5005;

When using the mixeditor or track editor (as well in the database app as in the playout app), It isn’t possible to use the slider when zoomed in.
In the next picture u see the red and yellow marked area:

When pressing in the yellow marked area, the slides makes steps to move.
When sliding the red marked slider, the wave form doesn’t move at all.
This way it is very diffiucult to search in the waveform