Thread: mAirList v6.3-beta (public)

Dear mAirList community,

version 6.3-beta (Build 4300) has been released today.

You are welcome to become a beta tester of the new version.

Since version 6.3 installs itself in a new directory, the productive v6.2.7 remains and can be used for your broadcasts while you test the new version independently.

If you find bugs or one of the new features (see changelog) should not work as expected: please write it here in this collective thread.
Questions about the new realease are also welcome.

We look forward to receiving your feedback.
Have fun testing the new version!

Little bug here.

When exporting muliple playlists from mAirlistDB / Playlist Editor.

It will always export the ‘Default / Master’ station - ignoring you are wanting to export the stations playlist you are currently viewing.

Steps to recreate:
Export > Multiple Playlists > Custom txt format > (results in using station 0 playlist as the exported files)

Should be fixed in upcoming build 4308. Please give it a try. Thanks for reporting.

Torben has just released mAirList v6.3-beta build 4309, bringing a new feature he wanted to include in the new mAirList version:

[+] DB: Scheduler settings: Added "Maximum overall penalty" setting; items
    exceeding this value will not be considered at all and may result in
    "Did not find an item that matches all filters" warning, and the template
    position being skipped.

Let me explain it.

To date, a title has always been selected in the rotation, even if it had a high number of overall penalty points. The element with the lowest overall penalty points has been picked.
From now on, you can set a limit to this: If a certain value is exceeded, an error message will be shown and this entry (e.g. limited by filters) is skipped.

This may help you finding any problems in your templates, tight rotations etc. and can help you creating your playlist even better.
On the long run, this helps you to make your playlist even more varied, instead of simply letting tracks with high overall penalty points play at a high repetition rate.

If you don’t need this feature, just leave it at “0” (standard).

Would you like to test it?

Wouldn’t it be an idea to add an Database field with the Penalty score per song?

Don’t really understand. Can you elaborate?

Latest snapshots in v6.3-beta:

[+] Logging: Added optional FormatDateTime formatting for %p
[+] File import: Ogg/FLAC "Language" field localized when imported as attribute
[-] DB: CSV Import: "EffectiveDuration" column treated as attribute
[*] Switched to a different MIME encoding/decoding library to avoid possible
    "Range check error" messages
[*] DB: Better error handling and protection against recursive container content

Version 6.3 has left Beta-Status today.
https://www.mairlist.com/en/download/
Would you like to look for final errors we haven’t seen?

Official release, article in Wiki and a party :tada: (?) will happen tomorrow, April 30, 2020 - after nearly 3 month beta-testing.

As you know it as good mAirList practice, all owners of a v6.x license can update free of charge.

:tada:

Wiki:
https://wiki.mairlist.com/release:mairlist-6.3

Hi there,

I’ve installed 6.3 and i don’t like the new version of mass properties edit
[-] Mass Edit: Attribute value dropdown populated with all possible values

I often use this function when I add new music.
And i selected songs from the same artist to duplicate attributes. Now, i can only see “all atributes properties”.

Regards
Matthieu

Hello Matthieu,

it’s not really a bug, isn’t it? We see this as an enhancement.

Maybe the export and re-import of those selected database entries as *.csv may be helpful?

No, it’s not a bug. It’s a change :slight_smile:

I’ve got a lot of customized attributes, like “country”, “town”, “compositor”, “style”… for example.
When I’m adding an artist which is already in the database, I’m duplicating the attributes towards the new item.

Before the update, i’ve could only see attributes already registered in the previous item.
Now, i see all attributes

Today, mAirList 6.3.1 has been released.
Time to close the discussion about the beta.

Thanks to the community for helping us.