Thinking about using mAirList... but...

No-one else seems to have spotted that Brett’s database is an OnTheFly ‘database.’

Although these are set up in the same Config dialog as other (SQL-based) databases, they are not ‘databases’ in the sense of Save Database from the File Tagger, which is why you are (correctly!) not seeing the button.

OnTheFly ‘databases’ are only ever built, er … on the fly from your MMD files at mAirList startup, or using the ‘trick’ Torben described recently to rebuild them ‘in flight.’ For OnTheFly ‘databases’ to work properly, you must save your tag info. to Metadata (aka MMD) files; then everything will work (trust me!). :slight_smile:

BFN
CAD

…and if you ever mass-change song details like setting intros then you’ll need to delete the OnTheFly.mlp file in the same folder as the songs you’ve been editing so that a full re-scan is done… Otherwise (as pointed out) any songs dragged from the Database Browser will be using “old data”.

A little trick I use is display a list of my songs in M3U format in the Browser panes - This allows sorting via Artist, Title and Length.

Well I use cached OTF and the save to database button in mAirList saves to the cache file fine! Just thought that the file tagger could save to the cache file too, anyway not a massive deal :slight_smile:

Cheers for all your help!

Yeah, definitely true. The tagger should also support the database connections. And it will, starting from v3.0. I had to rework the internal architecture of mAirList to make it possible, so I can’t enable that feature in v2.x.

One last thing, mAirList makes NO changes to any of the mp3s at all (unless you save to file tag, which i’m disabling) does it? I’m 99% sure I know the answer to this, but I wan’t to be 100% sure before I do a test run on production machines with a production music library!

Can anyone 100% confirm this?
Thanks.

Here’s the missing 1%: You’re right. No changes unless requested by clicking the buttons.