Just had a bit of an issue yesterday, we’re using 2.2 throughout our station and yesterday we did our first ever live OB. To achieve this, we setup an Icecast server at base and streamed back to it from Edcast (formerly Oddcast) at our OB location, mAirList would then (in theory!) pick up the stream from the Icecast box at 13:00 and play it until 15:00. When we tested it (on a number of our 2.2 machines), mAirList would start giving us an error stack thingy after 2 minutes of perfect streaming and then quit completely, this was using both OGG (the format we eventually used) and MP3.
In the end we resorted to using Winamp which worked flawlessly for the whole 2 hours.
Can anyone think of a reason why mAirList would take such a dislike to our stream?! I’d like to get it sorted so that we can use it in the future instead of Winamp.
Looking at the call stack, the issue might in fact be related to the drawing of the progress bar. The hint that it happens only with “infinite” stream items was very helpful. It seems that the does not handle those streams correctly. Although I still haven’t been able to reproduce the problem, so it’s just a guess based on the reports you provided.
I have now modified the progress bar so that it is not drawn for those items, just a rectangle in the “idle” color (usually gray). Can you please try the snapshot I just uploaded (v2.2.1 b542). You just need to download and replace the mAirList.exe file, but in case it still doesn’t work, there’s also an update mAirList.map file in the download folder to generate a call stack.