Silence Detection DSP in mAirList 6.2?

Hi,

I can see in the release notes for Release 6.2 that there are a new Silence detection DSP. I have been looking for it without being able to find that function.

Can anybody guide me to where to find and enable that function?

Regards. Martin.

Hi Martin,

you might look in mAirList Configuration under Encoder > Sound-Processing > Add… > Silience Detection.

Located regards

TSD

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.
I can still not find this Silence Detection function in the Encoder. There are many other functions that can be enabled, but no Silence Detection. Can it be because I use the Advanced Licence?

This might be the reason, as S.D. is being featured by the Professional License only. You may have a look under Configuration > Advanced > Modules > Deactivated Modules. If S.D. appears there, you have got the answer.

Restricted regards

TSD

Well I have a professional license and it also lists the Silence detecotr under Disabled Modules. I guess it might be required to re-set the licenese and re-activate. Because this is a new module, that was not part of the previous license, because it did not even exist when that license file was created.

:white_check_mark: This is correct (you don’t need to reset it, just activate it again using the license manager).

Thanks for the feedback.

In the 6.2 release note, it is not stated that this feature is only for Professional. There are several other features where it is stated for the Professional version, but not for Silence Detection.

If it is right that it is only for the Professional version, I will not spend more time on this.

Thanks.
/Martin.

We are not entirely sure about this topic as yet. Maybe @Torben will have a short word on it.

Inquiring regards

TSD

Actually, it is a professional feature and the release notes in the Wiki did not state that clearly. I will correct this.

On the other hand, Torben will think about it during his holiday if it will be available in Advanced edition, too.
How does the community think about it?

Thanks for clarifying. I would be happy to see this function as part of the Advanced Licence, but I also respect that you need to decide which functions that need to go into the different licence categories to fulfil your business strategy.

Thanks.

/Martin.

1 Like

I can see that UliNobbe asks what the community think about it, but nobody reacts on this. Anyone else who have an opinion if the Silence Detection function should have been part of the Advanced Licence or if it is only meant for the Professional Licence.

I would at least like to see it as part of the Advanced Licence also.

/Martin.

Hey Martin,

we have this question in the german section too. There is a small reaction on this, but it seems that it’s a discussion between professional and Home Studio (no, sorry).

So I think, you wrote a good argument:

Let’s wait what Torben thinks about, but imho it’s better to have a clear “profile difference” between Advanced and Professional Edition. Maybe we discuss that at the end of the end of the holiday season. He knows about the discussion.

Hey Uli,

Thanks for the answer.
I would argue that it is relevant for both Advanced and Professional, where it is enabled to run automated with Database, and lass relevant for the versions where DB is not enabled.
Let’s wait for his decision.

/Martin.

Hi UliNobbe,

Did you come to conclusion if it is only available in the
Professional licence or will it also be available in the Advanced License?

/Martin.

Hi Martin,

the feature is only available in the Professional Edition, sorry.

Regards, Uli

Thanks for the answer.

That is ok.

/Martin.