Selecting more than 1 attribute topic

Hi

Try see attached picture.
I wonder if it is possible to set more than 1 attribute topic as a filter?

In the example, you can see I have a Decade attribute. Can I tell the Mini Scheduler it is okay to select a song from decade 1950-1959 or 1960-1969 or 2000-2009 ?

I imagine I can hold down CTRL button on the keyboard, while clicking on the decades I want in the list and then it will look something like this in the filter column field: [1950-1959,1960-1969,2000-2009]

In this example, I have used decades. It could have been something else, that is set up as an attribute. For example music genre. Imagine selecting ROCK and HARD ROCK topics. That would allow Mini Scheduler to pick songs from these 2 genres only.

HJH

Topic list in Decades attribute.JPG

Use “~195”, it will match all values starting with “195”.

Okay yes. That will work to some degree. But it will not fully solve the examples I gave earlier.

• So it means that I can not select more than 1 topic in an attribute drop-down list ? (see picture earlier attached)

• The only possibility at the moment, is using the ~ or the ! characters for doing a kind of filtering on the topics ?

Thanks

HJH

That’s all you can do at this time.

We would need to define a “query language”. And I would have to write a parser for it.

I am glad to have found this thread. :slight_smile:
This is a good workaround, but still I would like to know if more is not possible?

For example, the filter “BPM”: If I enter “~13”, I should get all titles with BPM from 130 to 139, right?
It would be nice if I could put a filter “IS between 130 AND 150”. Or, “IS > 140” - pretty much everything the query language offers. 8)

The same applies to the AND and OR operands (“Language IS spa OR ita” etc.).

Which of these filter extensions can currently be easily implemented in the music template?
Alternative: Are there any other codes or tricks like the “~”?

The “!” is new to me.
Has anyone a link to a simple explanation?

More complex filters would require:

1. Define a language
  2. Write a parser/lexer :-/

I see.

Would you please explain the secret behind the “!” using as a part of the filter?

Thanks
Uli

Negation.

Hi,

I’ve just discovered this topic.
If I summarize, you can only use ! and ~ ?
What about < or >

Regards
Matthieu