Save Browser in Desktop files by default

Does anyone else agree it would be helpful to have the Browser setup saved in Desktop files by default? That way, a new user could simply click Save to retain any customisation they have made to the Browser (like renaming a pane).

At present, a new user would first have to go into Config to be able to save any Browser changes.

BFN
CAD

[quote=“Cad, post:1, topic:6700”]Does anyone else agree it would be helpful to have the Browser setup saved in Desktop files by default? That way, a new user could simply click Save to retain any customisation they have made to the Browser (like renaming a pane).

At present, a new user would first have to go into Config to be able to save any Browser changes.

BFN
CAD[/quote]

Yes, this has my vote. I was burned quite a bit by this when I started to first use it. :slight_smile:

Is this not already enabled when you save a desktop as standard.mlt ?

Works in version 2.

You are correct, Tony. But the point is that by default, saving an mld file does not save the Browser setup like saving an mlt file does.

So for a new mAirList user who hasn’t yet explored Config, saving the Desktop (rather than a template) will not save the current Browser settings. And as Richard says above, that’s a somewhat puzzling PITA when you’re a mAirList ‘rookie.’

BFN
CAD

Ah, note the difference now in your question.

Changed for v3.1.

Thanks!

BFN
CAD