Rotation in music scheduler

Hey!

Im pretty new to the buildt in music scheduler in mAirlist. I have set up a roation that works for me but have some questions.

Rotation is like this:

A-List
B-List
C-List
D-List

1. We use power intro songs and i dont want mAirlist to play any transitions when a power intro song is played. I have set transitions (jingles) automatically between every song in settings. How should i do this?

2. Also i need to know how to seperate the power intro song so a power intro song is never played right after another. All power intro songs are placed in the rotation maps (a,b,c and d) as shown above.

3. It seems that the music scheduler is seperating the songs by longest since played. The problem is that sometimes the scheduler plays different songs but from the same artist right after each other. I want to seperate this.

Thanks.

In order to receive support, please enter your software license serial number into the appropriate field of the forum profile.

Im running trial of v6 right now so dont have a serial yet.

Trials have a serial as well, check the About dialog.

Done!

Thanks, fair enough.

1. How are the power songs identified? Do they have a particular attribute set? You can filter by attribute in the transition configuration, and then point it to an empty folder.

2. Inter-song conditions are not supported by the Mini Scheduler (complexity too high for the algorithm being used).

3. This should be avoided by the artist separation rules. But the rules are “soft”, so the separation rule may be broken if another, more important, rule must be satisfied. You can turn on the debug log during scheduling and check the penalty score, this will help you to find out why a particular song was preferred over another.

1. I have set theme as promo then transitions are skipped. The problem is that transition is skipped after the song also. Here i want a transition. No attribute. Dont know how to use that.

2. Ok not much to do here then.

3. I dont really know how to do this. Would need more help exactly how to do this.

Thanks so much for helping me out Torben.

Must say that i really like the v6. The new mix editor is awesome! Only thing that’s missing is Pitch / BPM setting :slight_smile:

Right! :wink:

[quote=“Torben, post:6, topic:10934”]Thanks, fair enough.

1. How are the power songs identified? Do they have a particular attribute set? You can filter by attribute in the transition configuration, and then point it to an empty folder.

2. Inter-song conditions are not supported by the Mini Scheduler (complexity too high for the algorithm being used).

3. This should be avoided by the artist separation rules. But the rules are “soft”, so the separation rule may be broken if another, more important, rule must be satisfied. You can turn on the debug log during scheduling and check the penalty score, this will help you to find out why a particular song was preferred over another.[/quote]

You can filter by attribute in the transition configuration, and then point it to an empty folder. --> i have made a transition template, and there i have set an attribute “powerintro=yes” and when yes i have set the following with an empty folder (see attachment), but then mairlist gave an error that the folder is empty. So this is not working… can you help me?

powerintro.png

1 Like