Remote rewind

Is there a way, through MIDI or other remote protocols to 'rewind" a player?
With rewind I do not mean rewind to ‘zero’, but rewind in increments, like 1 second at a time
I looked at all the scripting documentation and could not find any commands to do this.

You mean when the player is already playing on air?

In my use case, I have a news clip, that I’m discussing with my co-host. I often stop the clip to discuss it, and when restarting, I like to roll the clip back a second or two. Other times I will just want to replay a piece of the clip and rewind it as many seconds as needed.

This can be achieved to a degree with the mouse by clicking in the waveform of the clip in a player, but it is cumbersome at best.

Perhaps there is a script that I can assign to a midi knob?

Some serious script hacking later…

var
  sc: ISourceControl;

begin
  sc := CurrentPlaylist.GetPlayer(0).GetOnAirSourceControl;
  if (sc <> nil) and sc.GetSource.IsCueable then
    sc.SetPosition(sc.GetPosition - 10);
end.

Save as RewindPlayerA.mls and bind to a MIDI input with “RUNSCRIPT C:\somewhere\RewindPlayerA.mls” (type manually into the command field).

For Player B etc., duplicate the script and change the parameter of GetPlayer. 0 is first player, 1 second player etc.

Some serious extraterrestrial hacking there :slight_smile:
Thank you Torben, it works like a charm!
I changed the -10 parameter to -5 and can easily step back an extra 5 seconds by hitting it twice.

This brings me a step closer to my License upgrade, just need to figure out my motorized faders…

Thank you again.

AC

In case you feel compelled, or can point me to an appropriate resource, here’s my ‘other’ midi related question:
https://www.mairlist.com/forum/index.php/topic,9384.msg61490.html#msg61490