Relayed Stream

hi @Torben and @UliNobbe Now we have come into a problem that needs sorting urgently.
when relaying a stream, when it falls silent it does nothing? as a presenter was having some problems and we just had dead air, the log didn’t detect the silence and move on. This is something that needs fixing if we are to continue with mAirList

Stream items don’t have built-in silence detection right now (I will consider it for the future).

But assuming the master signal goes through the mAirList encoder in the end, you can use the Silence Detection DSP plugin in the Encoder master or player DSP chain, and add something like an AUTOMATION 1 NEXT command to the action list.

would that do the same thing and move it on?

@Torben would in the encoder settings double clicking on the encoder then sound processing then putting the silence detector in there and automation > fade to next item

would that work?

@Torben @UliNobbe Now ive put this in the encoder master under sound processing but where do I put the “play next item” command, which action list do I put it in? “Actions on silence” or Actions on Recovery" ??? Plus is “play next item” the right command too?

From what you said earlier, “actions on silence” might be right for you, I assume.

Yes it works @Torben thank you got it set at 15 secs silence then move on and it works