Problem with the prebuffer

Hello, I have a problem, Mairlist gives a prebuffer error.
When i setup a new MP3 file I have the problem with the prebuffer, when I use old files I have no problems…

When I setup the number of items prebuffering 0 there is no problem, but I use database tracks I need prebuffer…

I have also checked to change the file’s to the lokal station © but also the prebuffer problem…

Turn on “Debug mode” in config (Misc -> Options), then reproduce error. You should see a message like "Bug report saved as ". Send that txt file to support@mairlist.com please.

Thanks for the report. It seems to be related to the embedded icon data - possibly album art extracted from a file tag?

As a workaround you can try to turn off album art import in the File Import settings in the config.

Also please upload a copy of that file to http://www.mairlist.com/upload so we can check why it happens anyway.

With the “workaround” the problem is solved for the time being, but a devinitive solution is welcome.

We need to inspect one of the files that this happens with. Have you uploaded one? What was the file name?

Yes, already uploaded; DEVO…

Thanks, I checked the file, and the album art is in fact quite big, around 900kB when base64-encoded.

You are using MySQL as the database backend, right? I presume this is due to an error in our MySQL table definitions that used the TEXT column type where it should actually be LONGTEXT, thus imposing a size limit of 64kB for many columns, including the data column of the icons.

We corrected this in version 6.2.4 back in October 2019, but all MySQL databases created before that time must be fixed manually, either by using the clone function in the DB app (into an empy MySQL database), or by issuing these SQL statements agains the database (don’t forget ot backup first!):

ALTER TABLE config MODIFY value LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE station_config MODIFY value LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE folders MODIFY description LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE folder_config MODIFY value LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE items MODIFY comment LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE items MODIFY xmldata LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE item_cuedata MODIFY xmldata LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE item_containercontent MODIFY xmldata LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE item_icons MODIFY data LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE playlist MODIFY xmldata LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE templates MODIFY xmldata LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE musictemplates MODIFY xmldata LONGTEXT;
ALTER TABLE transitiontemplates MODIFY xmldata LONGTEXT;
2 Likes

Thanks, i’m clone the database now in a new table…