Problem with automation

Hi,

I have had a problem several times this week. I will try to describe it to you.
In most of my programmes, I combine multiple tracks and jingles, using the mix editor to create a set of tracks that I can play automated. In between I switch back to Assist mode and I have spoken links.

It has happened a few times now that within the automation a track is started (and keeps playing) but is moved to the deleted items straight away (while still being played and not visible in a player). The next track start automatic and is visible in the Player. So now both tracks are playing simultaneously, but only 1 is in the player and the other one is in the wastebasket.

The only way I have been able to correct it, is to stop the player (with the second track playing) and to re organize the playlist again. During this time the first track is still playing but none of the 2 players is active.

As these were live shows, I would like to prevent this happening, but I don’t know what is going wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Fred

Hi fred,
first of all, please tell us the version of mAirList and which Windows you are working with.
So we all know what we are talking about.

Hi, thanks for your reaction. My PC is running Windows 10 Pro and I am on Mairlist 6.3.8 (4398) The Mairlist is the Advanced Plus version with local Database.

Fred

@UliNobbe any idea what is going on here?

Maybe you have accidentally set a “Padding” on the item while moving it around? (Look for a blue right arrow in the playlist that appears as the “timing” icon.)

It was brought to our attention lately that this can happen easily when you use the Mix Editor without zooming too far inside the waveforms. This has been addressed in the latest snapshop already.

Hi @Torben , I will check this out. Have 3 shows this week, so 6 hours to find out!

Thanks for your help.

Fred