Playlist Icons

I am seeing issues with item icons not being read from the database.

I am able to load an item into the playlist, set it’s icon, and see it in the playlist.
I can then save the item properties to the database which is successful. If I look in the database there is a row in the item_icons table for the specific track with the correct filename (data column is blank).
However when I add the same item into the playlist again, the icon is not seen.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Thanks,
Matt

When you copy the item to the clipboard from the playlist (Ctrl+C) and then paste to a text editor, what does the part of the XML say? Does it contain the filename? With or without a path?

The XML is as follows when I set the icon manually in the playlist:

C:\Library\Music\Ariana Grande\Ariana Grande - Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj).mp3 Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj) Ariana Grande Music 222.133 mAirListDB:{32F0AA97-3EFF-4373-AF4C-AED5A4578652} 1 C:\Software\mAirList\images\A.png #05FAB0 1.956 2.220 -9.024

I then save that to the DB, and remove it from the playlist. I then try and add the identical track to the playlist again and the XML is as follows:

C:\Library\Music\Ariana Grande\Ariana Grande - Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj).mp3 Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj) Ariana Grande Music 222.133 mAirListDB:{32F0AA97-3EFF-4373-AF4C-AED5A4578652} 1 #05FAB0 1.956 2.220 -9.024

The path is updated in the database, but doesn’t seem to be read from the database when you load it into a playlist.

Unable to reproduce here.

How did you add the item to the playlist in the last step? From a browser? Which one? Note that data in browsers may be cached until you reload it, e.g. in a search browser.

It seems that this is only an issue when inserting from the Treeview (Database browser for mAithe rlistDB). I have just tried using the search browser and the icon loads.

Loaded from Database Search:

C:\Library\Music\Ariana Grande\Ariana Grande - Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj).mp3 Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj) Ariana Grande Music 222.133 mAirListDB:{32F0AA97-3EFF-4373-AF4C-AED5A4578652} 1 C:\Software\mAirList\images\A.png #05FAB0 1.956 2.220 -9.024

Loaded from Database Tree:

C:\Library\Music\Ariana Grande\Ariana Grande - Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj).mp3 Side To Side (feat. Nicki Minaj) Ariana Grande Music 222.133 mAirListDB:{32F0AA97-3EFF-4373-AF4C-AED5A4578652} 1 #05FAB0 1.956 2.220 -9.024

This seems fairly reproducible on the latest beta from my side. Loading items from the Database Search or Database Playlist browsers works correctly and icon’s are seen on load. Loading a playlist through a ‘load database playlist’ event also includes the icons.

However the tree view in the Database browser does not include the icons. If I right click in the tree and view the properties of the item, the icon is shown as ‘not set’ on items that do have an icon set in the database. It looks as though the icon element of an item is not loaded when the tree is compiled?

Should be fixed in b3545.

I’ve just updated to 6.0-beta2 Build 3547. It seems the problem still exists in exactly the same way? Just the treeview that doesn’t seem to have icons.

Hm. Does it work when you drag from the DB app/library window?

Yes I have just tested. If you drag and drop into the playlist from the Library or Playlist window in the DB app both of these work with the icons.

Ok, so only the “Database” browser is affected? Hm. I will check it again.

Please have a bit of patience, I’m leaving to the US tomorrow to attend the NAB.

That is correct Torben, just the “Database” browser tab.

Thank you. Enjoy NAB!