Player load on demand

Its a d&r design .
When I looked for a new mixer the only affordable mixers were the d&r Webstation /airmate /airlite /and the airence.
In many Facebook groups and outher places where discussions are you see 2 kind of reactions of the airlite .the one thinks it’s great the outher sells it after a year because of the overall quality .
I though the airence would be better quality (it is) and the rest the same as an airlite .
Well the quality is great but the things I liked about d&r are on the airlite and not on the airence .
For instance one off my first question here how to change the color of the start button , isn’t possible .
After mailing with d&r the said that the airmate and airence work the same way (my Allen heath xb 14 worked the same way) so you can’t use the mairlist stuff as changing color and things as you explained .
And its definitely not a choice of mine .
My cartwall and the control buttons work like the airlite .

How it works you open the fader press start ,it’s no push button but a switch on off and thats the difference .
And on is audio and off is no audio.
And like Ulli said fader start press on and when you open the fader it also start.

Understood.

Is the channel automatically deactivated again when the next element loads into the player while the fader is not completely closed?

No if I let the fader open the next song loads then you have to dubbele click on the button (only for start next song ) so at this point you can use the control button to give a start comando .
Another thing removing the remote control is removing the usb of the channel and then the que doesn’t work anymore .
The usb sound cart I don’t use .
Usb is only remote interface .

At home and tested the solution Ullie and Tondose and now I have an other problem.
Because both gentleman are wright its a combination of both that solves the problem.
Load on command (Tondose) and Chancing the command in the remote of the Airence (Ullie) in PLAYLIST 1 NEXT on both players

So do I flag Ullie or Tondose as Solution :thinking:
In any case thanks ! (also on behalf off my listeners)

1 Like

An other small thing
Because the player is only visible now during playing there’s no need to show artist and title.
But i can’t seem to get rid off them .
Any suggestions ?
Try Artist Height /Size
Can make it the same color as the background but then the height off the player doesn’t change because there’s a big piece that blocks the duration field .

Hi Henk,

let’s make some tests on your idea. We will find a solution.

1 Like

Don some testing this afternoon.
Looks like the player is divided in 3 parts . The bottom with player buttons . The middle section state player letter and duration . And on top artist and title .
If you open the player in the layout designer an pull the bottom to the top first diapering the duration in artist title. The last thing that stays are the buttons . It looks like a z order as in the design editor.
Don’t know if you can change the order but giving duration the highest priority job is done .

What about that obscure .xml file responsible for the players? @UliNobbe will know.

Maybe an option, somewhere here in our forum described by Torben as an answer on a request.
Not my first solution.

But it’s the only one. To change the players’s appearance, fiddle with the file.

1 Like

Playing with the z order from the layout designer.
First I moved the player underneath the toolbar and with z order cut of the artist / title.
But I wasn’t satisfied because everything is floating and now I had players against the toolbar.
And the border color stops at the top.
Then I made a extra screen object from my background for the space between the toolbar and player.
the border color is made with 4 screen object buttons the also go 80% underneath the background and this is the result.

And loaded it looks like this