Player does not start

Very (very) infrequent problem follows on configuration with playlist with 2 players defined.

Three times now (in 2 weeks) I have loaded some audio into one of the players (either one) and when I hit PFL (or try to start the player) all the GUI actions happen (pfl box appears, background colour changes etc) but nothing happens - no audio, no countdown, just sits there. The other player continues as normal and clicking on PFL again will close the PFL GUI box and another click will open it again but still no attempt to actually play the audio. The only cure is to close down mAirlist and start it up again.

I know there is not a lot to get your teeth into on this but I though that I would post this to see if it has happened to anyone else.

I have only seen this on one installation so it could be hardware related.

Ron

My issue was hardware related when this happend to me. I know exactly what you mean…

…Which soundcard do you use,then we might be able to progress?

Thanks, Ryan

Sorry for the delay - the soundcard was a Delta 1010LT I believe

Ok, the one i use is a M-Audio Delta 44.

Check on the soundcard control panel that the outputs are “independant”

There should be a check box somewhere to either have “in sync” or “independant”…this solved my problem from what i remember.

Let me know if you have any more troubles.

Thanks, Ryan.

Hi Ron, Radio Lutterworth haves been suffering this too. Its not limited to mAirList though, it happens in windows media player and cool edit.

I first reported this here:

http://forum.mairlist.com/index.php/topic,3008.0.html

But concluded it was the PC as it had multiple virus/spyware infestations.

Please let us know if you reach a cure.

Kind Regards Tony

Just found an image that will explain my previous post better- Let us know if it works!

Thanks, Ryan.

maudiocontrol.gif

Oh, that’s interesting - I use a Delta410 in the studio and mine has always been on “Single and In-Sync”. It’s an XP SP2 system with a Celeron 2.66GHz CPU and 1GB RAM. Aside from audio/radio progs there is little else on it and it rarely runs Firefox :slight_smile: I’ve never had this problem with my set-up.

M-Audio and DirectX are well-known for not getting along - Windows 2000 Delta410 drivers are a bit hit ‘n’ miss, I had big problems with AudioEnhanceDPS leaving about 10mS of the previous audio in the buffer when starting a new track - So if there was a slight gap on the 2nd song, you’d get a phut… as it cleared the buffer and started the new track :frowning:

Are you using the latest drivers ? Generally, they’re the ones to run with…

Yep, that’s odd how some Delta cards act differently. Although, i say that, but it all depends on your setup and how you use mAirList and what you would like it to do etc.

In my case, it seemed to fix it.

Plus, we have 2 Delta 44’s, but i can’t remember if the problem was before or after we had the second card installed, i think it was before! Ah well, no harm in giving it a go though!

Thanks, Ryan.

Hi I am using a Delta 10/10 soundcard and I have a problem that seems to have started recently.

After 3 days of continuous playing in automation the audio starts to become ‘scratchy’ and ‘jittery’.
A simple shut down of mairlist and re-opening the software seems to fix the problem.

It has been playing fine in automation for about 9 months and seems to be a recent problem.

Does anyone know what causes this?