Player Colour When Empty & Playing

Hello,

Can anyone offer guidance please on whether it is possible to separately colour each player in v4.4.11 when empty and playing using parameters within Skin.ini. And if so does anyone have a sample ini file so I can assess how easy it might be to achieve this.

I know it is possible to apply different player state colours in v6, but I am unsure if the older v4 has this full capability.

TTFN
Paul.

Without having tested the code:

[Player]
EmptyColor=#......
PlayingColor=#......

When you want to have different colors in different players, you can set different sections in the skin.ini:

[Player0_0]
(...)

[Player0_1]
(...)

I don’t know why it should not work in v4.x, but I can not test it at the moment.
It should be no problem for you to test it since you can not damage the system. :sunglasses:

Thank you UliNobbe that does work, but…

[Player0_0]
LoadedColor=#338EE0
PlayingColor=#338EE0
EmptyColor=#338EE0
PlayedColor=#338EE0
PFLColor=#FF0000

[Player0_1]
LoadedColor=#999999
PlayingColor=#999999
EmptyColor=#999999
PlayedColor=#999999
PFLColor=#FF0000

[Player0_2]
LoadedColor=#FFFF00
PlayingColor=#FFFF00
EmptyColor=#FFFF00
PlayedColor=#FFFF00
PFLColor=#FF0000

This is what I have added to skin.ini and as I said it works, but when I load a playlist or one single item, the 1st player loses its colour and goes to default white. So I removed all other skin.ini lines except for just the Player states shown here and I still have the same problem. Any ideas why it should ignore all of the player states I have added, but only in one Player.

TTFN
Paul.

The reason is that the player changes its state from Loaded to Next. :wink:

Player is loaded and ready, and is next in sequence

Ah, its a Next item problem not just the 1st player affected.

It moves along to each player with the next item showing as default white. So how do I include a Nextcolor line in skin.ini which tells the next Player to choose its own particular colour and not go default white, or cant that be done ?
TTFN
Paul.

Simply add the line

NextColor=#<colorfortheplayerinNEXTstate>

to the skin.ini and everything should work as you would like to have it.

https://wiki.mairlist.com/reference:skin.ini_reference#colors1

Please note that each player state which is not defined (e.g. PAUSE) will bring you the standard white. But when you have a standard player color for a status that should not be highlighted, you can set it in the mAirList configuration (player color; you can choose a self defined color, too). :wink:

Thank you UliNobbe.
That has indeed sorted my colour problems. Forgive my slowness, I don’t do this type of thing nowadays, so am out of practice. Your help is much appreciated, Thank You Sir.
TTFN
Paul.

1 Like