Play AAC+ stream

Hello again

Now im stuck at a big problem.
At our webstation we can stream AAC+ but how the F… can we “play those streams” using mairlist?

I mean when we have an outside stream of MP3 we can just connect to that link and playit (No problem) but with AAC+ encoded streams we cant. Its not like we are missing an codec because we can stream with AAC+ using mairlist.

Qucik sulotion to this please??

Any error message? BASS error 44 or so?

What Windows version are you using? On Windows 7 and newer, the codec required for AAC playback should be installed in the system by default. For older Windows versions (or when the codec broke for some reason), you can look on www.un4seen.com for a BASS plugin - please respect all licenses :wink:

This applies to both AAC file and stream playback. If AAC files (e.g. .m4a from iTunes) play fine, but the stream does not, there is most likely an issue with the stream address or so.

Its a Win 2012 server and i even got same issue on my local Win 8.

However if it should be installed by default i will have to check it up even more because its a BASS error (pre bufferring error).

The streams do check out fine with tuneIN radio app so te streams are working fine, just playout via Mairlist that fails.

---- Update ----

I have checked with a .M4A-file and the system wouldnt recognise it.
No fileformat just calling it a “file”.

So it seems my Server not have that decoder installed however when i search for something compatible with Windows Server 2012 i came up with nothing. Only solutions for 2008, My thought are they would have insert it but im afraid not.

Guess i have to take my station offline for sometime and install those updates to 2008R2 servers and hope for the best.

Now i got a big problem!
I have the build from Microsoft that support AAC, But after severar reboots and test no stream or file does work.

For me my head is only spinning around in circles now, what to do!?!