PFL During Playback On Channel Causes Dual Audio

I’m using the D&R Airlite mixer with mAirlist.
When playing a song in a player (Say Ch 4) in the “ON” position, if you hit the CUE button on the mixer it opens up the PFL player and if you have it set to “Start End Monitor” not only is the current song playing going into the CUE bus, but also the “End Mon” audio. So you get both audio colliding. (My CUE button works normally otherwise for cueing songs) I set Channel 7 up also as the channel for the cue editor and PFL player which shares the cart wall audio as well, and that is working.
2024-07-16_003444

So, how can I get the mixer or mAirlist to ONLY play the PFL End Monitor audio on the CUE button of the mixer channel playing a song when pressed, instead of hearing BOTH the live channel AND PFL…?

Hope you understand.

You can set the PFL-channel for each player.
If you expand “Playlist 1” and then the “Player …”-entries, there is also a possibility to set the PFL-output for that player. Have you experimented with that?

HI, yes, I did try, but then you need to hit 2 CUE buttons for it to work.
Here is the setup:
2024-07-19_113449

What I want to do: So, when song is waiting in a player, of course you can hit the cue button/or cue button on the mixer to hear the PFL. So in player one, once you start to actually PLAY the song, (song playing on air) if you hit CUE, it brings up the CUE editor, and starts playing the “End Monitor” to hear the last bit of the song. (So you know how the song ends) However, when you do this, on a player (CUE Button ON) it brings up the editor and starts playing the end of the track like it should, but the issue is you can ALSO hear the PLAYING track (on Air), so both audio tracks are overlapping each other.

What I believe should happen, is that the playing track should be MUTED so you can hear the CUE editor playing, rather than both the player AND the cue editor playing over each other

Hope this helps, I’m a bit confused if I have a setting wrong, or you just can’t do this.

How should that work? PFL = PRE FADER LISTENING

It’s designed to listen to the sound without opening the fader before the music is broadcasted “on air”.

So the only way to solve this is to set the PFL output to a different channel.

If these two clicks to activate and deactivate the PFL cue on an extra channel is too “exhausting” :wink: you could set up a script that activates the cue button of a designated channel automatically:

2 Likes

Agree with Stefan, were using the airline. Sending pfl, mix editor, voice track blabla to a separate fader.

No, it shouldn’t. Or do you like your listeners to feel their programme interrupted?

1 Like

HaHa… sorry, I meant mute that part in the CUE channel, not on air.

Actually I had tried this but both audio was still coming through the separate channel. I must have something in the routing messed up perhaps… :pensive:

I might be able to get around this… how can I get the CUE Editor to open rather than the PFL Player to open when I hit the CUE button on the mixer?

Well, I could not figure it out so I ended up programming the buttons on my StreamDeck to do what I wanted. :face_with_head_bandage: