Option 'Play Track' on double-click in playlist

Hi,

I’ve been thinking that it would be helpful - to me anyway - if it was possible to double-click on an item in the playlist and that the double-click action starts the item. For example, there are 12 items on a playlist. You’re currently playing item 1 in player 1, item 2 is cueued in player 2. If you then decide to play item 10 at that point, it would be helpful if you could just double-click on item 10, which then overrides the item which is queued by default and start playing instantly.

Obviously, currently a double-click on an item in the playlist opens the PFL box, but as that’s also available through the right-click menu, it wouldn’t be missed.

This is especially handy when you have separate jingle players (I have four jingle players, each with their own playlist). While you are on air, you can then play any jingle in the playlist of the jingle players, simply by double-clicking on it.

As not everybody would find this useful, you could also make it as a tickable option in the configuration, changing the double-click function. Ticked = double-click starts item, unticked = double-click starts the PFL box as it currently does.

Would that be achievable?

Thanks,

–=RojanUK=–

Hi Rojan, I think this may help:

Disable the PFL on a double click in the config and enable play on demand (under each player). This is how we work and may just be what you seek.

Hope so anyway.

Kind Regards tony

[quote=“tony wilding, post:2, topic:5656”]Hi Rojan, I think this may help:

Disable the PFL on a double click in the config and enable play on demand (under each player). This is how we work and may just be what you seek.

Hope so anyway.

Kind Regards tony[/quote]

That sounds definately like it should work, but I have to admit that I can’t find either of those options in configuration of the playlist/players. PFL on double-click in the playlist settings, or any mention of play on demand under the settings for the players. Surely I’m missing something, as you’re using it, so could you tell me the exact name of the option I need to look at?

Thanks.

–=RojanUK=–

Hi, sorry I did not have the config handy at the time. i’ve also reread the original post and sorry to say the trick we use only loads the first item in a playlist even if you highlight something else.

For the record though its in the config tool

Under playlists,playist 1 etc go to each individual player/options/Autoload on demand.Now when you have an item in a playlist and you click play(or use a remote start command) on an empty player the first item (and only this) in a playlist loads and plays.

Disabling PFL does not help but thats in Miscellaneous/Enabled features and untick in Extra PFL. the properties still opens on a double click so of no help.

Not exactly what you are after. Apologies.

Kind Regards tony

last edits during the reply from Rojan.

[quote=“tony wilding, post:4, topic:5656”]Hi, sorry I did not have the config handy at the time. i’ve also reread the original post and sorry to say the trick we use only loads the first item in a playlist even if you highlight something else.

For the record though its in the config tool

Under playlists,playist 1 etc go to each individual player/options/Autoload on demand

disabling PFL does not help but thats in Miscellaneous/Enabled features and put a tick in Extra PFL. Now when you have an item in a playlist and you clcik play(or use a remote start command) on an empty player the first item in a playlist loads and plays.

Not exactly what you are after. Apologies.

Kind Regards tony[/quote]

That’s alright, Tony. Thanks anyway. :wink:

So, it’s back to a feature request. Would something like this be possible?