Not responding

Since last Thursday the playout software stops playing and is set to “not responding”. I think it happens when changing songs. (0 in the screen). There is no message in the log file. Sending information to mAirlist also does not work. This is in version 7.2 and 7.3. Did reinstallation, but didn’t help either. What can I troubleshoot without information? Are there other options?
(Reinstalled 7.2 to be shure it was also in the older version.)

Windows Application log after closing mAirlist:
“The program mAirList.exe version 7.3.0.5621 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 32fc
Start Time: 01da6285da25175d
Termination Time: 128
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\mAirList 7\mAirList.exe
Report Id: 200bb4a5-7d7c-4aa6-89b1-aeb329e47da4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown”

Please use Process Explorer to create a Minidump file of the frozen mAirList.exe process: faq:debugging [mAirList Wiki]

Upload it here: Nextcloud

Then reply to this thread so we know it’s there.

I hope I have maybe solved the problem and perhaps an old problem (playlist 0 ran empty) that I occasionally experienced too.

Did this to solve it:

1. Because ‘playlist 0 ran empty’ happened occasionally, see old posts of mine, I had placed incert stream under When playlist runs empty. I removed that.
  2. Then I saw that the playlist was cleared every hour at XX:45 and I got this message again “playlist 0 ran empty”. I even saw it happen when I was sitting next to it. I then ran Event Scheduler to add a playlist. That didn’t work. Nothing happend.
  3. Checked whether a playlist was ready in the database. And there were. But was not loaded.
  4. I then deleted all jobs in Event scheduler and created 1 new job with every hour at xx:45 Generate playlists & append database playlist.

Since then the application has been running stable and did not crashed anymore. I also hope that my old problem that was never solved “playlist 0 ran empty” is now solved forever. That would be perfect.

If I have more information, I will let you know. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them for you.

Peter

If you use the “playlist run empty” actions, these should be absolutely failsave. Like loading a playlist of local audio files from a local mlp or m3u files. Along these lines.

That’s because if that action fails as well (or the items it loads), the playlist will be instantly empty again, and you end up in an infinite loop.

3 Likes