Not happy!

@Torben @UliNobbe I am not happy
I was in the database, on the hour that needed a playlist imported so I clicked import and single playlist and clicked the playlist to import and it crashed mAirList!!! loosing all our listeners in the process. What would have happened? I don’t even know where to go to see what happened? as the system log resets itself when program reloaded
It didn’t even give an error when crashing.

Can you please reproduce the issue and give me the steps so we can reproduce it here as well?

PS: You can run the DB app from the Windows Start Menu as a separate process so it doesn’t affect the playout.

Hi @Torben and @xlrradio
the same thing happened to me on Saturday evening in my live broadcast. When loading the playlist for the second hour, mAirList (V6.27) suddenly hung up. When loading the first track into the playlist, mAirList got stuck. The other entries were
all loaded. Strangely enough, The Hour Opener from Cartwall went through completely. Stopping was not possible because it was completely frozen. No error message came either. Then had to disconnect from the server (ShoutCast) and restart mAirList. then everything went as if nothing had happened. I still don’t know what caused it.
greetings from Peter

Hi Peter,

how often happened this with version 6.2.7 before?
What has changed in the meantime?

Really the same thing? You say it was during loading of the playlist, the other user said it was during import.

@Torben sorry, I had put it a little wrong.
I had previously created two playlists from the database and then exported them to the external hard drive. One playlist for the first hour and one for the second hour. The “blackout” happened, so to speak, when the playlist was loaded for the second hour.

@UliNobbe
That happened the first time on Saturday evening and then again on Sunday afternoon, when I was in the database again. The mistake was with me, however, since I was probably very quick when I clicked on an entry.

Then have an update on the
V 6.28 made, and then it went again.

hi @Torben Using version 6.3 build 4312 Probs not wise using this version But have had no issues apart from this.

right what I did was
create the 24 hour playlist via generate.
then later on our VT’er is using SPL VT to VT to us as he prefers it, so that playlist is juust m3u playlist
so I went to the hour needed in the playlist section of the database, clicked on import and imported the first hour fine, went to the second hour and clicked import and clicked on the second playlist and clicked ok then that’s when it hung then whole program crashed.

restarted and tried it again it went fine. but the thing is it shouldn’t have crashed in the first place.

Solution for / feedback from Peter:
We both think that something went wrong with the event loading the new playlist (precisely at TOTH).
Additionally:

Maybe it was not the best idea to use an external HDD in such a critical moment.

:arrow_right: We recommend to append (!) the new playlist some minutes before TOTH.

@UliNobbe Can you tell us what the difference is with Load, Insert and Append playlists with regards to creating an event. Ive had it on Load Playlist. whats the difference? thanks

Quote from mAirList Wiki, “Actions”
(features:actions [mAirList Wiki])

Using “Actions”, you can execute various tasks in mAirList, bound to (timed) events.

Actions can be used in various places:

• In the Event Scheduler
    (…)

See in section “Playlist”
(features:actions [mAirList Wiki])

Load playlist

Loads the specified playlist file. The current playlist content (except for any playing items) is discarded.

Insert playlist

Inserts a playlist file at the top of the current playlist, or below the currently active item.

Append playlist

Appends the specified playlist file to the current playlist.

@UliNobbe thank you still dont know what Append means but ok We currently have it on Load

Sorry, my fault. :flushed: I thought you are a native english speaker.
Would you please tell me where you come from and I will explain it to you in your language.

@UliNobbe lol english is my native tongue. just didnt understand what Append means. … But i do now as i looked it up. sorry.

Its means Add to the current playlist