News

Hello,

I am a new user of mAirlist. I really like the ease-of-use! Great work.

I searched the manual and this forum, but one thing I can not create: on my station we play a news file which we download via a HTTP connection every hour. This file has variable length. I inserted this file in the mAirlistDB (Local Mode) as “NEWS” file. Before this news, we play a time announcement file (“the current time is xx hour”). So we have 12 time announcement files and one news file.

This is what I want t create:

Time: 2 o’clock:

play file : time announcement 2 o’clock
play file: news

Time: 3 o’clock:

play file : time announcement 3 o’clock
play file: news

etcetera.

After the news, a playlist should start (starting with a Top of the Hour).

What is the best way to achieve this, use actions or event (or both?).

thanks,
Polleke

First of all, can you please enter the serial number into your forum profile so I can see which version/edition you’re on - thank you.

I assume you’re using mAirList 4.

There is no scripting involved here, so this might be the wrong forum section.

For the time announcement, create a folder in mAirListDB and put all 12 audio files into it. Then open the Properties dialog for each item, go to the Scheduling (older versions: Database) tab, and in the hour restriction grid, uncheck all hours but the one (well, two) that this file represents. For example, for the “2 o’clock” file, check all days in the 2 and 14 hour lines, and uncheck all others. (You can click the row/column headers to speed this up.)

When you’re done with that, you can simply use a “random item from folder” item, and the scheduler will “magically” pick the correct one each hour.

For the news file, it’s even easier. Import it into mAirListDB and note its ID. Then add a “specific item” entry to the template and enter the ID.

Very important: Remove all cue markers from the news item! Otherwise it might be cut off when it’s longer than the initial version.

You may also want to check the “don’t prebuffer” option in the properties dialog of the news item to make sure that the (old version of the) item isn’t prebuffered by the time the new version is downloaded.

Torben,

Thanks for your clear and quick response, works like a charm!

[size=8pt]Using V4.2 Beta.[/size]