My Screens

Thought I’d show off my 2 systems - totally different layouts, and performs very well… Both run off the game-port - and route to several buttons on the meter-bridge of my mixing console.

[b]Main Playout System

Split Ads - 2 way, soon to be 3![/b]

I think I’ll be sending Torben some PayPal change later on ;-))

Like the layout on main playout Charlie. How did you get the players to stack on top of one another?

Kind regards Tony

Tony,
Simply edit the supplied layout.ini file with some extra settings - The German manual has them (near the end), add them and just trial/error with the positions. Then, run the Config util, go down to Miscellaneous, and add the layout.ini options of “layout”, “colours” and “fonts”.

These is my layout.ini file:

[b][CartWall]
Left=8
Top=100
Width=700
Height=700
NameFontName=Fixedsys
TitleFontName=Arial
TimeFontName=Arial
StateFontName=Arial
StateFontSize=10
TimeFontSize=10
NameFontSize=10

[Toolbar]
Left=0
Top=0
Width=900
Height=50

[Browser]
Left=715
Top=0
Width=295
Height=700

[Playlist0]
Left=8
Top=50
Width=700
Height=400
LoadedRowColor=#FFFF00

[Player0_0]
Left=8
Top=455
Width=700
Height=80
NameFontName=Fixedsys
TitleFontName=Fixedsys
TimeFontName=Fixedsys
StateFontName=Fixedsys
StateFontSize=10
TimeFontSize=10
NameFontSize=10
LoadedColor=#FFFFFF

[Player0_1]
Left=8
Top=540
Width=700
Height=80
NameFontName=Fixedsys
TitleFontName=Fixedsys
TimeFontName=Fixedsys
StateFontName=Fixedsys
StateFontSize=10
TimeFontSize=10
NameFontSize=10
LoadedColor=#FFFFFF

[Player0_2]
Left=8
Top=625
Width=700
Height=80
NameFontName=Fixedsys
TitleFontName=Fixedsys
TimeFontName=Fixedsys
StateFontName=Fixedsys
StateFontSize=10
TimeFontSize=10
NameFontSize=10
LoadedColor=#FFFFFF[/b]

PS: The “names” for each player can support more than 2 characters, you can edit them via mairlist.ini - But they’ll revert back to 2 when you next use the config app.

Cheers Charlie, be nice to get the new 4 character (or more) player names to remain after using the config utility.

Also for the different audio banks (on the right - repository etc) as specified in config to re-open each time the software is started

Thanks again

Very good - nice design! But I have a question: Is this a script running on the second screen? Because I never saw something like this at my mAirList before :lol:

Thanks,
Dav

Dav,
Script ? I’m not sure I understand what you mean. My screens (updated, btw) are running on 2 machines - a studio playback machine, and a split system which is currently under test (and it’s doing very very well).

Both layouts have been modified using the layout.ini file - As you are probably aware, pretty much all fonts, colours and sizes are configurable by the user - You just need to ensure that the Config App is configured to load the extra settings (under Miscellaneous).

Oh, yeah. I know what you what me to show :wink:

Thanks,
David

I’ve updated my screenshots - Not much different on the main studio machine, but the split-ads machine has 3 hot-keys added. These are fired from my 2nd game-port, which also fires network commands back to the playout machine.

mAirList Main Playout Screen - large version
3 players to 3 faders, using an M-Audio Delta 410 (4 outputs). 4th fader is for the Cartwall.

mAirList Split Advert Screen - large version
Both playlists are started via commands from the main playout machine, or manually from buttons on the desk.

With an SB Audigy and the front/rear/centre output options in mAirList, you don’t need loads of different or pro multi-channel cards. I’m happy to share my 2 layout.ini files if anybody wants to use them.

Hi Charlie, please can i have a copy of your layout files.

Kind regards Tony

Sure… Available to download:

[b]http://www.supplydj.com/layout1.zip

http://www.supplydj.com/layout2.zip[/b]

Many Thanks Charlie.

Kind Regards Tony

That your biz Charlie, as may need rsl hire in the future

It’s not mine per se, I run the web-site and do some of the technical work.

Oh, and I can’t forget the studio :wink:

Screens (l-r): Playout, Split, Cartwall. The Cartwall is screen 2 of the playout machine. There are also 3 buttons just to the left of the PPMs to control the split machine (AM + FM + SPLIT).

Click here for a larger version

Home Studio too?

If so luckyyyyy!

Nice one!

Well, the “day job” requires one… It’s that big (1.3mx2m) Not some huge room. Just a brick-shed in our garden, but has done the job for 6yrs. However, I’m off to my own place soon - so I guess I can start all over again :wink:

…another screen layout now available. 1 Playlist, 3 Players and 10 Hotkeys:

[b]Playout Screen - click for a larger version

Download layout3.zip[/b]

PS: Torben, you’re welcome to use any of these images for the mAirList website.