Moveitems into playlist from database

Is there a possibility to drag a selected item from the separate database app into the mAirlist playlist?
Somehow I remember that this was possible, but I can’t find the option anymore.
(Sometimes your head is too full and you can’t see it anymore :woozy_face:)

I would like to keep the database app open at all the time (so that people can voicetrack) and so the browser could be superfluous.
If it is not possible to drag items into mairlist from the database app at this moment, then this is a feature request.

AFAIR direct dragging only works when you opened the dB from inside of the Playout (—> button in the toolbar).

But you are able to CTRL+C and CTRL+V elements from the standalone app to the Playayout window at any time…

oh the toolbar. Now I remember it again. That’s a shame because I’ve deliberately hidden the toolbar from the DJs. and I want to open the database in addition to the playout software when the PC is started. unfortunately this is only possible by starting the software itself.

Then I would like to submit the request to make it possible to automatically start the database app from mAirlist using the ‘actions after startup’.
This would also immediately solve the issue that remotes can also be used in the database app.
If you currently open mAirlist and then open the database app separately, you will get errors regarding the remotes (If the option is checked to include remotes as well)

So this topic becomes a request and may be moved to the request part of the forum by the admins.
The request is:

Make it possible to automatically start the database app from mAirlist using the ‘actions after startup’.

perhaps by a ‘DB open’ action like the ‘VT open’ action is available aswell

This would also immediately solve the issue that remotes can also be used in the database app.
If you currently open mAirlist and then open the database app separately, you will get errors regarding the remotes (If the option is checked to include remotes as well)

Did you try to hide just the elements they should not see?

https://wiki.mairlist.com/reference:skin.ini_reference?s[]=skin#toolbar

I am familiar with that, but the setup I created is really complex and most of all idiotproof. So dj’s won’t be able to do things they are not allowed to.
Still the function to open the database app on startup could be handy for more instances.

How about writing a batch job for startup?

I did that but when using a batch for startup, the database is opened as separate software wich makes it impossible to move the items into a playlist.
The batch I created also makes sure the database app is always on front, this also isn’t possible when opening the database from the mairlist toolbar.
Also errors occur when using remotes in the database app when using this batch.

It seems like you really have to open the database app from the main mAirlist software to make these things work well