mixing time

hello,

i don’t know to adjust the mixing time to good values
the mixing time is to slow
what are the best parameters?

thx

Hello :slight_smile:

[tt]Configuration > Miscellaneous > Settings > Default automation fade time[/tt]

… combined with …

[tt]Configuration > Miscellaneous > Auto Cue > …[/tt]

I’m still working on it. :smiley:
It’s a never ending fine adjustment of all parameters depending on how you like it.

hello, i’ve been there but i don’t know the right settings

To be polite: Would you please explain what you mean by “right”?

mAirList has a default configuration with values you are not satisfied with, asking for “best”.
In my opinion, “best” is individual. However, if you have a suggestion, please let us know. If it’s better than before, Torben could possibly change one or more parameters in the default configuration of the next version. This has happened before - so: Take your chance! :slight_smile:

Default value for Fade Out used to be -30 dB, and is now -20 dB (for new installations only though - existing setups will have the old version in their config, but feel free to adjust).

Please keep in mind that Auto Cue is only performed once, for “new files”, usually during import into the DB (if you use one) or when dragging directly into the playout (for files that are not registered in the DB and have no MMD file etc.).

The algorithm is actually pretty “dump”, it just scans the file for the last sample that exceeds the configured threshhold. Gives fair results for most songs, but if you want it perfect, invest the time and manually adjust the marker for every song in your lib.

sorry i have no db’s in the view.

only 2 values to adjust

standard fading time

and finish after duration

size of garbage