Matrix Mixer explained

I have seen the settings for the Matrix Mixer, however, I am a bit confused. My understanding is that the Matrix mixer allows you to send any input to any output, so lets say I can send Line 1 USB to outout USB 2 and 3 and to the encoder at the same time? Is this assumption correct.

Additionally ,looking at the info at the WIKI (https://www.mairlist.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=tutorials:streaming:setting_up_the_streaming_encoder), I see that in order to stream, each player needs to be sent to the encoder. I use Mairlist in combination with Airlite, so I would like to be able to stream the master output from the airlite using the built in encoder. What would be the best and easiest way to do this? I can assign each input to its own output AND to the encoder? How would I handle the mics?

You don’t need the Matrix Mixer for that. Just go to Audio Devices, set the Encoder Line In to the appropriate input (the USB from the Airlite carrying the master signal), and don’t forget to activate the LINE button in the Encoder Status screen object.

Thanks Torben,

The wiki states “Set Encoder → Line input to the soundcard input where your the master signal from your console is connected”

In the case of the airlite, the master signal is carries via USB 1, so I would need to set the encoder to USB 1 speaker 1 OUT? This would carry the microphone signal as well? I must be doing something wrong, so I will give it another try today.

And lastly, what would be the use for the Matrix Mixer?

The four USB devices of the Airlite have both a playback and a record channel/device. You must choose the appropriate record device, of course.

Read section 6.9 of the Airlite manual:

http://www.d-r.nl/assets/airlite-manual_v1.06.pdf

The Matrix Mixer is used to quickly patch one soundcard input to another soundcard output. I wrote it when I needed the functionality to test some sound hardware, and decided to make it a permanent feature in mAirList.

[quote=“Torben, post:4, topic:10494”]The four USB devices of the Airlite have both a playback and a record channel/device. You must choose the appropriate record device, of course.

Read section 6.9 of the Airlite manual:

http://www.d-r.nl/assets/airlite-manual_v1.06.pdf

The Matrix Mixer is used to quickly patch one soundcard input to another soundcard output. I wrote it when I needed the functionality to test some sound hardware, and decided to make it a permanent feature in mAirList.[/quote]

I have looked at the manual and have tried to set the encoder to USB 1 out. This stream works fine if I use player 1 abd cartwall 1 and 2 sliders as well as the mic. However, anytime I try to play something off player number 2, I get some kind of loopback on the stream that keeps looping back. Player 2 in Mairlist is set to USB 1 on the airlite. Also, when in non stop, I cant get into signatl into the encoder, even thou the signal in non stop is router into USB 1, which is the setting for the encoder. I am attaching the picture showing the audio devices. Help in any direction would be appreciated

1.png

2.png

3.png

Petar, I am using the D&R Airlite exactly the way you plan. Works like a charm. For you, next step is to assign the correct “Line” output to the Encoder.

"line"is the output on which the Master Signal of the D&R Airlite is connected. To identify, go to the Windows Mixer Section. Check which USB channel is “Line”. See attached picture. Choose this Line as input for the Encoder.

2016-05-13_11-23-33.jpg

2016-05-13_11-29-20.jpg

That was very helpfull. Thanks!. I had created some mess with the USB channels but its sorted now. Attached is the pic. Now I have another question - the airlite manual says USB 4 carries the (off)air signal. In my case, no matter what I play through the Airlite does not trigger any activity on that USB. What does it actually do?

Also, after I sorted out the stream I noticed that when I run the D&R in non stop mode, not is beeping fed into the encoder. Even if i change the encoder, I still cant stream while in non stop mode.

5.png

5.png

It is important to understand that the numbering of the USB channels within Windows is not necessarily the same as inside the Airlite. So USB 4 in Windows can actually be USB 1 in the Airlite, and so on.

The reason is that the Airlite has a built-in USB hub with four separate sound cards, and Windows usually doesn’t detect them in their actual order when you first plug in the USB.

I recommend that the first thing you do is go to Windows Control Panel, Audio Devices, identify the channels, and rename them accordingly (you can double click an entry and change the default name of “Speakers” etc.).

Thanks Torben. I actually discovered that when the D&R runs in NON STOP mode, the easiest way is to feed the player that is in NON stop mode ( in my case Player 1) to the encoder. That way the stream works fine. For some reason, i cant find the USB out that the non stop is sent to, which is a bit strange. When there is a live show we just switch the main program out to the encoder.