Mambanet and scripting D&R Axum Axite

Within the software of D&R Axum/Axite Mambanet it is not possible to program the cartwall buttons to Mairlist. Does anyone know if there’s a way to script this?

The only things you can is console/fader based actions. That works fine.

mAirList is entirely “agnostic” of what the source of its (virtual) actuators is. So (as far as my knowledge about MambaNet/Axum) goes, you just have to connect the correct “sensor” (source, e.g. switch, button etc.) to them.

Aren’t the cartwall buttons on the surface available as “sensors”?

It is very difficult. But you can create a source for the cartwall,
Then set the trigger ‘18/19 on/off’ as function for button 23 (cartwall button1) .
Then, in de ‘surface’ of mairlist, set the cartwall 18/19 on/off as function for a command.

Then in mairlist set this in the tab commands for the corresponding actuator number de actions cartwall 1 start and cartwall 1 stop.

In this way you can make a disappointing 16 actions in total. So 16 cartwall buttons, of less if you also want te be able to start players.

(If spend all day googling and trying things out, so the solution above is the best way I’ve found so far)
Als see axumaircast:start [D&R Wiki]

I’m disappointed in the very limited possibilities of Mairlist with Axum/axite.
Especially if you compare the possibilities in Mairlist to the much cheaper d&r Airlite.
I guessed, because D&R promotes Aircast (mailist d&r style) , that would make integration of the mairlist software and d&r hardware a perfect match. But it seems BP Aeron is better suited for d&r axum integration. So I see an opportunity for Mairlist to at least double the actuators, and find a way for Mairlist and Axum to work better together.

In the newest version there are 64 instead of 16 actuators available.

Thanks Torben!

Sounds great… but where can i get it?
Is it already available or coming soon?

I’m using 6.3
No updates available… Just seeing 16 actuators :frowning:

Click on “Snapshot” :wink:

Snapshot - Build 4446

(...)
[*] MambaNet remote control: Increased number of actuators to 64
(...)

So you will get the actual Build before we publish v6.3.15 :sunglasses:

1 Like

You must understand the differences between the Airlite protocol and the MambaNet protocol.

The Airlite protocol is for one specific console model, with a predefined set of faders and buttons. The protocol itself is much more “high level”, as it has notifications like “fader x was opened” or “button y was pressed”.

The MambaNet protocol, on the other hand, is actually just a bunch of virtual GPIOs (logical inputs and outputs, called “actuators” and “sensors” in the MambaNet world). These have no “meaning” before you start to wire them with a sensor/actuator from another MambaNet node. And assign a command to it in mAirList.

So the MambaNet protocol is much more “flexibel”, but required more manual configuration to put it all together. Both in the MambaNet system itself, as well as in the mAirList configuration. Similar to what you did with physical GPIO cards back in the 1990s and 2000s.

And by the way, the protocol is almost that old - it’s just from another era. You could also ask D&R why they stick with it rather than offering a modern alternative like Ember+.

Torben, thank you for the extra information.

I understand that this limitation is caused by D&R and not by Mairlist.

I already sended an email to d&r with my questions.
Also asking if they consider expanding possibilities in mambanet.

It was disappointed for me to do a major upgrade of my studio to come to the conclusion that I’ve gone back in time. (And possibilities).

I have found the right solution for Cartwall configuration ( @joop3m )

This is how:

First in your Axum configuration

In source configuration: Create a source for each cartwall button (Cartwall1 etc) with no input (label only)

In the CRM surface: set the action for Switch 23: source Cartwall1: Start/stop.
In the mairlist surface: set a command for each cartwall item: Cartwall1: start/stop etc.

Then in Mairlist controlpanel:

In mairlist, remotes, in the axum remote:
Set for the corresponding Actuator the start and the stop function.

CARTWALL 1 START and CARTWALL 1 STOP

Set this for each cartwallplayer in the corresponding Actuator (same as command number in the surface configuration).

Now it works!

Note: you have to push the button again to be able to restart. Because Mairlist can not (yet) send signals back, the Axum/Axite doesnt know when the jingle has ended. So unfortunately you have to manually push te button again to turn it off.

Tnx @xdjorik !

Tomorrow i will take a chance in programming stuff :slight_smile:

[+] MambaNet: Added state sensor and scripting support

Wonder what this means and has to do with our Axite

See here: Send commands to Axum/mambanet - #13 by xdjorik