mAirlist with MusicMaster Nexus feature

Hi there, im a new on mAirlist, In Our Radio Station we use MusicMaster 6 for Scheduling, and we are search for a not too much expensive Radio Automation System that will direct support MM Nexus Feature…according to Musicmaster site we found mAirlist as a Nexus integrated System.
We have really apreciated that mairlist developer offer a working demo download with all features enabled allowing us to test it with MM Nexus Server, other than this, we found it very Powerfull and complete!
The DEMO mode is fully working with all modules enabled with some limitation like audio quality, but this is enough to me to do testing about MusicMaster.

Well About MusicMaster integration, I read how to setup mAirlist about work with MM Nexus integration through mAirList Wiki, and i got my DEMO working and basically synched, but i miss some synch field like the Outro, Year, and Composer field, i cannot find a way to synch it with MM database like already present Ramp, Title/Artist, Runtime, etc.

Will Be Nice to have other System Field to be Synched in mAirlist.

Well After Some Time of testing i found some things I would like clarified.

According to the Wiki info Artist, Title and their Keywords, Filename, Ramp & XML Metadata fields are synced everytime i modify them in MM, but i found tha this not appen for Ramp field like for as Title or Artist for example.
Occours that if i modify Ramp in MM it doesn’t reflect the change in mAirlist but work if i modify it in mairlist (through Properties button on file Browser).

Also, There are some Fileds that isnt read/write Bidirectionally, for Example:

if i add to “Attribute field mapping” the “Year” field, modifying it in mAirlist doesnt reflect the change in MM, it is ok instead if modified in MM.

i tryed also to add “Outro” as Attribute field, to be able to get it on MM as info for presenter but doesnt work at all, the value is ignored by mAirlist, i can setup it correctly as CUE point in mairlist and get it stored in MM as XML data, but i cant get the value stored in the relative MM field as a info for Presenter and Scheduling note like for Intro( RAMP) or Song Duration…is suppose This occuor because is not a System Field and cannot be mapped in other way, right?

Other Question is, The system Field “Duration” in mAirlist is refered to the Total Lengh of the song or to the Start Next Cue (if Present)? Cuase sometimes there are song the have a total duration of 7/8 minute but are broadcasted only for 3/4 and this would be a problem in scheduling a Hour clock because of incorrect onair duration of a song. MM will keep the total duration of a song (8 min for example) and not the real onair duration @ next CUE point (example 3:30), this would cause an shorter effective Hour onair Clock.

Maybe this missing fileds are because of Demo limitation? in case of not, these field can be added in future version as System field like others already present to synch them correctly in mAirlist?

My need would be to have to synch these system Field:

Title (Already Present)
Artist (Already Present)
Album (Already Present)
Duration (Already Present)
Filename (Already Present)
Media ID (Already Present)
Composer (Miss)
Ramp (Already Present but not working as expected)
Outro (Miss)
Year (Miss)
Presenter Note (Miss)

Another Question:
MusicMaster doesnt allow internally fine edit of CUE point of songs so Whats actually the best way to setup Intro, outro, Next Cues in this mAirlist MM Nexus working mode? i found the only way is to Use the Browser Database Panel and click properties button for every song but is really annoying, think need to be improved because actually mairlist shows the song in browse panel without any way to sort/order them, only just “duration” column, this is annoying because if you add a lot of song there is no way to know whats are the latest , you have to scroll and check every song one by one, so will be nice that mairlist can sort song in browser panel maybe by using ID field, that usually a progressive number, so that can be sortered by this ID so that latest song added are showed before others.

Last Question is About License:
Professional License include already the Nexus Module or need to paid an a extra license for it? in that case whats the price?

Sorry for this long post.
Hope somenone of support team can give me back some usefull info.
mAirlist is a really insteresting & Powerfull Automation software and support MM Neus feature, but miss some usefull synching fields.

Thanks in Advance
Regards.

Hi, and welcome. The first thing we need to know is - which of the two ways to integrate Nexus are you looking into?

1. mAirListDB Sync via Nexus: https://www.mairlist.com/dokuwiki/tutorials:musicmaster:mairlistdb-sync-nexus
  2. Direct Nexus connection: https://www.mairlist.com/dokuwiki/tutorials:musicmaster:nexus-database-connection

Option 2 is the most interesting one, as it gets rid of mAirList’s own library (mAirListDB) and uses the MM database instead - actually not through (bidirectional) synchronization, but accessed directly. But you are limited to the fields that MusicMaster offers; and also edting of the technical fields (cue markers etc.) isn’t really easy, as you already found out.

That’s why option 2 is only favorable for things like 24/7 automated channels, where noone ever needs to touch the mAirList part, and all library/scheduling tasks are performed in MusicMaster. In that case, mAirList playout is only “slave” to the MM database.

For a typical station, option 1 is probably preferred. You first add all items to mAirListDB, then push data into MM. Technical fields are managed in mAirList only. Fields required for coding/scheduling can either be maintained in mAirList and pushed to MM, or exist in MM only. Library sync is always unidirectional from mAirList to MM.

Whichever route you go, expect that you will need some help from us as well as the MM guys, in order to get the field mappings right. Even more so when you are going to reuse an existing library.

Hi Torben, Thank you for reply!

I tryed the Direct Nexus Conection, cause it’s more easy to configure and database management, but as i told you seems miss some Fields i need to have synched and working.
But the first option also seems interested, so I will look to https://www.mairlist.com/dokuwiki/tutorials:musicmaster:mairlistdb-sync-nexus as you suggest and will try with this one too.

However i think the Option 2 (Direct Nexus Connection) should be further developed allowing a better editing of technical fields in MAirlist, and the addition of the support of some technical fields in mairlist that are already available in MusicMaster for synchronization, I am sure that commercially, the option 2 would become even more interesting and powerful…this obviously is my thought ;).

Well then i will look at the first Option and I will ask you for help if I find some difficulty in the configuration.

About The Nexus Module License, is it included in mAirlist Professional Edition only? or need to extra license for it? or can this module activated also for other non Professional version of mairlist like Standard or Advanced edition? cause we dont need all the Professional features except for MM Nexus Support and maybe Voicetracking.

Thank in Advance
Regards

Hi Torben, im finally got a setup with Option 1 as you suggested with mAirListDB and MM synched in one Way, seems meet my needs but i will play more in next days.

Please can you asnswer about Nexus Module License? Or point me where i can ask and get response.

Regards.

Sorry, so busy again… License for Sync via Nexus is include in Professional (Studio/Management). A license that includes Direct Nexus connection is only available through leasing (as with MM itself) from €75/month.